Best set up for my 80 1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best set up for my 80 1100E

I have a 1980 1100E. I am putting a Vance & Hind 4 into 1 megaphone exhaust on it and removeing the orignal 4 into 2 pipes. I decided that rather than getting a new set of 4 into 2 I would add a little extra power and get the 4 into 1. I have the original air box a set of UNI pods and also have the Dyno-jet kit with stages 1&3. Since I am not planing to race my 1100E but would like a little more power (all though its not really needed) my question is what would be the best and easist set up for my limited knowledge and would it be worth while to do the mop. Remember that I have to use the 4 into 1 pipes since my 4 into 2 are unuseable. I keep hearing that it take a lot of work to properly jet a set of 4 into 1 pipes with UNI pods even if the dyno-jet kit that I have is very user friendly. I have never done this kind of work before and would rather not mess with that mod if it is something that I can't handle.

Greg :?

Greg

Go with the stage three setup. There are only two things you have to be a little careful with. Try as best you can to follow the original angle of the existing hole when drilling the slides. And not to screw up the threads when you drill and remove the caps onthe idle screws. And used the right size screwdiver when adjusting them. Just use the settings they give with the kit. Adjust the idle screws to get the most rpm out of each carb and you're pretty much set.

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Greg

Comment

Working...
      X