Choosing decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing decals

My '82 GS1100E is black - repainted of course and not perfect, but adequate. I'm not going to put the GS1100E decals on the side covers, but I want to put the Suzuki" letters on the tank. My bike shop has stock-looking decals, but in a wide variety of colors.
    I know this is really trivial, but give me opinions. The choices are red, white, silver, purple or blue. He also has black but that would be kind of invisible.
    Don't make this post your top priority, just give it the consideration it deserves.
    Thanks. Bert.
    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Red. I think it's a state law that the 82/83 1100Es bikes have some red on them .

Really though, the red would show up nice but wouldn't "scream" like the white or sliver on the black background IMHO.

Comment

You could use two custom made stencils, red reflective with black reflective inside. That would look cool.

Comment

One of my favorite color schemes (if you can call it that) is flat black paint with gloss black decals. Very bad a$$.

Comment

Get red and silver. Cut out each letter individually. Put down the silver then put down the red on top but slightly off so it looks like a shadow effect. Very trick, very cool.

Comment

Definitely Red!!!

Mark

Comment

My 1150 is charcol gray and i used red on the fairing for the suzuki decals the combo looks good not to flashy

Comment

I did it. For this year anyway, it is black with silver decals. I really wanted to go with red, but Susan said it was just too cliche and she couldn't handle looking at it. The silver will look understated. My mechanic voted red too.
                "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

'82 and '83 GS1100E's are SUPPOSED to be bright red! I'm sure there's a universal law somewhere that states this.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ
                    '82 and '83 GS1100E's are SUPPOSED to be bright red! I'm sure there's a universal law somewhere that states this.
                    Obviously, I'm whipped. I've never been a fan of the champagne color - like the red, like the '83 dark blue. But if I don't like it, heat gun and try red. My bike was originally red, but was painted black before I owned it.

Comment

Working...
                    X