GS 650 GL teardown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 650 GL teardown

Over last summer I rebuilt the motor on my GS 650 GL. I did a mock up to make sure everything worked properly. I have now drawn inspiration from those new Chopper shows on Discovery channel. I cant afford a chopper so I decided to build my own from my GS. Everything is off the frame now. I will sand blast the frame, paint it Canary Yellow with metal flake. The tank and fenders will be the same color yellow with deep purple flames. The engine will be polished. Chrome swing arm. I am modifying the blinkers so they dont stick out so much. I am extending the forks to give it a longer look. I'm cutting the foam down on the seat pan for a lower profile look and recovering it. I'll get 10 inch high rise handlebars from JC Whitney. Any other suggestions? Besides a head doctor...

Go with the Head Doctor and then buy a Virago.
    Dink

Comment

OK, maybe the GS should be left alone. My friends think the bike looks good stock anyway. Does anyone know of a good painter near Illinois that wont charge me an arm and a leg for a stock paint job? Also, I need the stock GS 650 emblums for the side covers, Suzuki dealer dont have them anymore.

Comment

Working...
      X