Replacing a sight glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing a sight glass

My brother an i refused to pay 125.00 for a new yammy master cylinder just because of a clouded sight glass.
    I took photos of the whole operation and have the them in an album on JBs website. this should work on a clutch cover also since JB weld seems to like aluminum and plastics.

For any one who cant get to JBs page i made one on my site.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

I did something similar, and just did away with the window and filled the hole with QuickSteel epoxie puddy

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
        I did something similar, and just did away with the window and filled the hole with QuickSteel epoxie puddy
        My kind of solution in many cases

Comment

Now that you fixed it POLISH it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay B
            Now that you fixed it POLISH it.
            You belong with my brother JB he would rather polish things than use them. He just finished a Suzuki Samurai. His virago is still getting the treatment and he is already scheming a Little plastic something or other that has the engine in the rear.

Comment

I had to change out a damaged engine cover on my ZRX and forgot to purchase a sightglass. Broke the one on the original cover and couldnt use it. Took it down to dealer and had them overnight me one and had them put it in. cost me $35 bucks for the service but worth it not to hassle with it.

Comment

Working...
              X