One little windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One little windshield

It's amazing what a difference the new shield on my bike makes.

Just a universal National Cycle jobbie, light smoke tint. Before I installed it, I could do maybe 70, not due to the bike, rather to my intense dislike of the hellacious turbulence around my chest and head. Now I can do 85 and it's smoov like butta. Added bonus: it looks better than I expected.

Now if I could just find a left side cover...

Not bad at all!

Hi!

I have a 1980 GS450L and was thinking of putting a windshield on mine too but I was concerned with the way it would look. Thanks for taking the guessing out of it for me. Your's looks great. Could you give me detailed info as to where to order it, etc. Was is difficult to install?

Thanks!

Charlo

Comment

Hey Charlo,

Thanks for the compliment.

I got the shield at my local shop. List was $79, but they knocked 10% off since it was out of the original packaging. All the parts were intact. It's a National Cycle Deflector, part number N2591.

It took me about 15 minutes to install and another 10 to tweak. The only tools needed are a hex key (included) and a 14mm wrench. The assembly/installation instructions are fairly clear, but if you have basic mechanical skills, you likely won't even need them.

If you want, I'll take some more detailed photos and post them.

Comment

I've got one of them and it is great during cold days. I recommend tightening it up every month or it will move around on you.

Steve

Comment

Good I've been tossing around getting one, I guess it will look good on my bike. I considered the cafe style fairing too, but this will (I think so anyway) provide better wind protection, be easier to take on and off, and give that Elvis look as an added bonus. I'll get one before by fall. Oh, I've seen those things in all the catalogs like Dennis Kirk, MAW, and even Whitney's. I think Whitney's has the National Cycle, and as long as you buy a brand name there they can't really mess it up, and they're cheap.

Comment

I bought one over the winter for my 650GL for $30 on Ebay. I had the same problem with getting buffeted by the wind. It certainly has made a HUGE difference for such a small windshield. If I could put it on without directions anyone can! It really does look pretty good on my bike too.

Mark

Comment

Resurrecting the thread...

A question for those of you who posted as having a National Cycle Deflector Screen:

Do you have much trouble with it moving around on you over time, or is it fine if you tighten it down once a month or so?

I'm thinking of getting one, and would love to know how yours are holding up.

Thanks much!

Comment

Re: Resurrecting the thread...

Originally posted by GSLibrarian
                A question for those of you who posted as having a National Cycle Deflector Screen:

Do you have much trouble with it moving around on you over time, or is it fine if you tighten it down once a month or so?

I'm thinking of getting one, and would love to know how yours are holding up.

Thanks much!
                I have one coming my way via eBay. When I get in on , we will have to meet up and I'll let you know personally. 8)
                Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                2000 Kawasaki Concours
                Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Working...
                X