Funnel in a flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funnel in a flash

If you are ever in the need to add oil to your bike/truck/car and don't have a funnel. Here is a quick alternative. You can buy a bottle of water or sport's drink and use the pop up cap as a funnel. It will save the mess and oil going all over the place

Hope this helps someone 8)
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Ohhhhh in some instances that will work even BETTER than a funnel! I guess I'll buy me some water soon.

Comment

Re: Funnel in a flash

Originally posted by crag antler
      If you are ever in the need to add oil to your bike/truck/car and don't have a funnel. Here is a quick alternative. You can buy a bottle of water or sport's drink and use the pop up cap as a funnel. It will save the mess and oil going all over the place

Do you drink synthetic oil???

Comment

Betcha it'll take care of chapped lips real quick!!!!
        Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
        "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
        1982 GS1100E
        1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Originally posted by frosty5011

Betcha it'll take care of chapped lips real quick!!!!
          It gets cold up north Bamma boy

Comment

Water bottle tops (distilled water that is) also work for battery filling. Not perfect, but it cuts way down on spillage

Comment

Originally posted by slopoke

Yea :roll: you be amazed what it does for the ole digestive tract.
              Just like castor oil as a baby 8O 8O
              Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
              2000 Kawasaki Concours
              Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Comment

A neat trick for filling up batteries is to get an earbulb syringe available at most good pharmacies. You know the kind that are used to suction the gunk out of baby and toddler's noses. just fill it with distilled water and easily and accurately add or even remove excess water from the battery. It fits right in the holes and no splashing acid on you.

Comment

Originally posted by humhead
                    Water bottle tops (distilled water that is) also work for battery filling. Not perfect, but it cuts way down on spillage
                    Another thing that works great to avoid spillage is the battery vent tube. When I bought my bew battery it cames with a bottle of batter "juice" that had a small nipple on it. I dunno what they were thinking because there was no way I was going to get the fluid in without getting it all over the place. So I took the new vent tube (since it was too short and kinked to use on my bike) hooked one end up to the nipple and stuck the other end in the battery... worked like a charm.

Comment

Another funnel

After you finish that bottle of oil with the drinking spout cut it in half. You now have a funnel.

Comment

Originally posted by slopoke

No Scotty, don't drink that we said castor oil not Castrol.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                        X