Just curious haybusa gsx1300 engine in an older gs chassy?&g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious haybusa gsx1300 engine in an older gs chassy?&g

Has anyone looked into putting a hayabusa engine into an older gs frame. I cant afford it, and probably wouldnt do it if I had the money.
    Just curious what issues people would run into.

Posts your thoughts and techy knowledge I am curious!

Re: Just curious haybusa gsx1300 engine in an older gs chass

Originally posted by youngncheap
    Has anyone looked into putting a hayabusa engine into an older gs frame. I cant afford it, and probably wouldnt do it if I had the money.
    Just curious what issues people would run into.
    The main issue would probably be premature death. 8O Chassis and suspension technology has improved substantially since the early 80's. Frames for high performance have evolved from basically a "backbone" style to a "perimeter" design, yielding much greater rigidity and torsional stiffness (particularly between the critical steering stem and swinging arm pivot). Suspension design has similarly advanced, as has the effectiveness of braking systems. If you really want to use the performance on an Hyabusa engine, I would think that comparably-advanced handling and braking would be a necessity for long-term survival.

Comment

come on wouldnt it be a nice 8 second life though!
      How recent did they start with the "perimeter" style frame?

Still think it would be an expensive kick in the pants though.

Comment

Considering that you you would effectively be making a much heavier 'Busa, due to the heavier weight of the GS frame. But, if you had a wrecked 'Busa, with all the necessary wiring, sensors, etc..., and a good GS frame, why NOT? Fun for a person with the right tools and skills, and definitely different.....

I wouldn't go so far as to say an 8-second ride, though! Probably low 10's stock.

Comment

I agree after having three busa`s. The frame is maxed out when you put a good kit in one now on the busa. With a bad back me and the busa`s just didn`t get along....although its the best bike (s) I ever owned. I`m ready for a hayabusa sport tourer!!!!!!! 8) 8)

Comment

I don't know about availability in the US, but over here in Australia, Wrecked Hayabusa's are a growth industry. I've seen more in bike wreckers yards than in showrooms.

Just like a 10 gallon hat doesn't make you a cowboy, owning a 200mph bike doesn't make you a 200 mph rider.............. However, a Hayabusa/Bandit hybrid might be an interesting project? :twisted:

Comment

There's a report in a recent Australian bike mag about a guy who turbos 'Busa's to 500 hp. He's now working on getting them to 550.

The guy doing the ride report said something like.....
              "I passed the lead car out of the traffic in third gear at 100 kph. The bike didn't accelerate, it just suddenly started going at 180 kph." :-)

He got the bike back to the workshop and the mechanic was standing there waiting. He said to the journo, "It's a one player game, isn't it?"

Kim

Comment

There's some crazy stuff out there. Turbo 'Busas, Boss Hosses, and the apex of silliness the Dodge Tomahawk (well that one's still up in the air). How about a Pratt & Whitney R-2800 powered Vespa? Air cooled, 18 cylinders, 2,535 hp, you KNOW you want to...

Comment

australian magazine

KKMILLER
                  Do you remember the name of that magazine or the guy who is doing the 500hp hayabusa engine? Sounds fun (id never be able to afford it).

Comment

They both have a "GS" in their name, that's more than enough for a lot of people to try it!

Comment

I think you would have a problem with the upright facing throttle bodies wanting to go where the upper frame tubes are on a GS...
                      Lots of people have fit GSX-R engines in GS's and GSX's though, up to the last of the air-oilcooled 1100's with the carbs facing backwards. A 155 bhp GSX1100RW could maybe fit but I don't know if you have clearance for the (HUGE) radiator.

Comment

BigCC racing in the UK are currently building a 500bhp turbo nutter 'busa, the aptly named 'project *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$take' is being followed by Streetfighters magazine. The latest details are on the website www.bigccracing.co.uk.

Comment

New Engines in Old Frames

Hey, why not just save the road rash for the kids and go for what you REALLY want to do, and that is get a young 19-21 year old hot chick for your 'old man' frame. now THERE's something to think about!

low ten seconds indeed! . . . . premature something or other, thats fer shure!

8O

Comment

Re: australian magazine

Originally posted by youngncheap
                            KKMILLER
                            Do you remember the name of that magazine or the guy who is doing the 500hp hayabusa engine? Sounds fun (id never be able to afford it).
                            AMCN - Australian Motor Cyle News, Vol 52 No 17, March 14-27 2003.

I've just had a re-read. The bike he was riding is only 280 hp as their 500 hp machine was in the shop getting a bit more oomph for the motorcycle show in Sydney.

Kim

Comment

The 500-ish HP 'Busa is built by the same company that does the turbo GSX1400 currently featured elsewhere on the forum
                              There address is http://www.snrpro2.4t.com/
                              Dink

Comment

Working...
                              X