Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

????carbs???

Thought Id try it here too
    Hey yall me again... I am getting into my carbs on my gs1100 and screws are stripping and Im having a heck of a time.. nothing moves on them and I am just beginning to think of dumping them and staring with a new...
    Questions
    1: What carbs will fit on these (82 gs 1100g) ?
    2: Are there any carbs off different bikes that will fit?
    I have my eye on a few that r on ebay and believe me they seem to be a heck of a lot cheaper than paying (if it becomes to much that I decide to throw them at the wall!!!) to have them rebuilt (3-400)....I d like to say I can get these to work but its just not looking good I think they were neglected way too long... I appreciate everyones input and help and hope to get some good responses...

p.s. there is a possiblity that these carbs I have are jetted..(aftermarket exhuast on the bike). how can i tell if this is true?

Now that the new fuel injected bikes are out the aftermarket carbs are pretty cheap. A set of mikuni flat slides(36mm) or kiehns would work great. I have tried both and for street riding actually liked the mikuni better. The kiehn was a better built carb. I`ve seen where several have said a set of slingshot carbs work good....help someone is that a 88-89 model GSXR? Ebay would be a good place to pick up a good set of used carbs.

Comment

'88 for certain on the carbs.

Comment

Working...
      X