Wrong Carbs!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong Carbs!?

So I got my '83 gs1100ed from a friend in chico. he had taken it to a garage there to get the carbs boiled and have them get it running, but they stopped work 'cause compression was mediocre. so, i got the bike and started working on it and just today I put the carbs back on that I had a mechanic rebuild. There are some major differences that make me think that the garage gave my friend the wrong carbs. first of all, there were some bowls that did not fit and a piece of paper that said gpz1000 in the box that the carbs were in. also, every carb has one of those little vacumn draw tubes that open the diaphragm in the petcock, instead of just one on the 2nd (3rd?). There's a knob for choke instead of linkage for a cable, different throttle linkage... i think that's it. SO, if these are carbs from a Kawasaki GPZ, (They are 34s, BTW) can anyone foresee any problems, if I can get the linkages to work?
    -Lehrin

|%| Fingers crossed. |%|

A few of questions. Are they CV type carbs? Do they have flatslides? Do they have nozzles in the mouth of the carbs? These sound a little like flatslides.

Comment

I'm not sure what flatslides are, but they look just like the carbs that came off of my '80 gs550e, which are cv. they have the flat, angled disc in the air-box side if that's what flatslides means.

Comment

Working...
      X