Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Pistons for GS 1000

Hi all.

I road race a GS 1000 down here in NZ. It is currently running a Wiseco 1100 kit on std liners, web cams (395 lift set at 105 inlet 108 exhaust), severely ported head, bigger ex valves and 12:1 compression Dyna 2000 ign, oil cooler, yosh pipe & 35mm CR carbs. 138hp at the rear wheel on a Dynojet inertia Dyno. Weighs 185kg with no gas in the tank.

Bike is now pretty reliable (touch wood) after several early disasters. Oil cooler and APE studs help keep it all together.

Handles like a dream after major suspension and frame upgrade. (Ohlins on the back, Racetech inside the front, GSXR wheels).

We can't use big blocks due to class rules, but can go out to 1300cc using big liners & pistons. Does anyone know where I can go to get good pistons with aftermarket support? Prefereably someone who has done it before or has a standard product so you can do it again when it all goes BANG...

If you know some good contacts, I'd really appreciate you passing them on.

Cheers,

Smithy.

Craig
    Wiseco used to do these, but I suppose you've tried them. I think Powroll used to supply them as well.
    Or get some m/c'd out of "meehanite" (SG cast iron).
    I think that you can use Kawasaki liners, but you would have to check on that.

Comment

Orient Express still list the Wiseco 1238 kit that comes with liners.

I know of people who've used GPz1100 pistons (18mm pin) and you could go up to whatever they come in. Wiseco again.

Comment

Call J&E...ask for John. I`ve used them all...this is the best piston for the money anywhere.... 8)

Comment

Big Bore GS1000

Smithy,
          I work for the Aussie importer of Arias. Custom pistons are available. Give me the info and I'll get a quote prepared.
          Mick
          mickw@rocketind.com

Comment

Working...
          X