Gixxer or other 160 tire/rim in 81 gs750 arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gixxer or other 160 tire/rim in 81 gs750 arm

can I swap gixxer600 rim\tire into my gs arm. I'm having it extended 4 inches if it matters and plan to use gs brakes.

Won't work with GS brakes. The Gixxer rotor is held on with 5 bolts vs. 6 on the GS piece. You have to use GSX-R rotor, caliper, and sprocket carrier and sprocket. The rest of the job involves mixing and matching parts. You'll probably end up using your stock size bearings and the bearing support out of your sprocket carrier. The bearing support inside the GS wheel hub will likely need lengthening to match the length of the Gixxer piece. Depending on your axle diameter you may need Katana 600 caliper hanger and wheel spacers. And the brake torque arm will have to be moved to the bottom of the swingarm.

Comment

I did it finally with original rear brake from my GS 1150 and shortening original caliper hanger. Katana hanger would work though, after enlarging hole diameter. I used RF rear wheel with Katana 600 sprocket carrier.
      I had to shorten bolts keeping sprocket on the carrier and didnt do anything to brake torque arm. Size of RF bearings matches GS 1150, I had to make a new spacers for the sides, and use katana bearing support for a sprocket carrier. As a result I have very nice rear wheel with 160 size tire, but have to change a chain size from 630 to 530.
      Anyway 630 was to big and heavy.

Adam M.

Comment

Working...
      X