4 to 1 what a difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 to 1 what a difference

Well I finally located a 4 to 1 Jardine pipe for my bike at a local salvage yard looks like it was put on a bike and never used there wasn;t any carbon deposits in the pipe at alll.

What a difference that makes The weight difference in the pipes alone then removing the center stand. I have a k&N drop in right now. If i stick with the drop i shouldn;t have to rejet or anyhting should I . It is running just fine and I really don't notice any lags in power anywhere. I know a stage 3 with pods would be best but $113 plus pods would be a hard sell for the the wife.

always read your plugs Doug they will
    tell you what you need to do.

Comment

Isn't there a a nice color chart out there on reading plugs I know I printed it once but I threw it away like an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by dig dug mx6
        Isn't there a a nice color chart out there on reading plugs I know I printed it once but I threw it away like an idiot.
        I'm an idiot also but i did happen to save this link

Comment

hey dig dug mx6......... isnt that ihanscom's avitar?

Comment

Close, but not. Look closley mine is an e and his is an Es I noticed that after i upladed the picture too. Wierd I took the same angle shot in my garage too.

Comment

Skip
              I think that Doug is signed in under two diferent names. I heard that some sneaks on this website have been doing just that. I think you cought him at it.

Comment

Re: 4 to 1 what a difference

Originally posted by dig dug mx6
                Well I finally located a 4 to 1 Jardine pipe for my bike at a local salvage yard looks like it was put on a bike and never used there wasn;t any carbon deposits in the pipe at alll.

What a difference that makes The weight difference in the pipes alone then removing the center stand. I have a k&N drop in right now. If i stick with the drop i shouldn;t have to rejet or anyhting should I . It is running just fine and I really don't notice any lags in power anywhere. I know a stage 3 with pods would be best but $113 plus pods would be a hard sell for the the wife.
                I'm wanting to change exhaust system this winter...I presently have the typical stock 4 into 2 pipes. I've heard great things about 4 into 1 systems...is there REALLY that much of a difference? How so?

Rudi
                1980 GS1100E

Comment

The weight and power saving with a 4 into 1 are terrific, the only thing you should be carefull of is to make sure that your particular design leaves enough space for you to change the oil without having to remove the exhaust everytime. My V&H 4 into 1 requires that the entire system be removed, including the headers before I can even drain the oil . But at this point it only takes me about an hour to do the whole job, it's just a pain the the a$$

Comment

I'll second that. I have to pull the pipe also to change the filter but I can drain without removing. The weight difference is big. THe stock 4 to 2 is a tank compared to the 4 to 1.

Comment

are there a good set of 4into1 pipes out there that would NOT need to be taken off for an oil change?

Rudi
                      1980 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi
                        are there a good set of 4into1 pipes out there that would NOT need to be taken off for an oil change?

Rudi
                        1980 GS1100E
                        I have the v&h megaphoe and it does not need to come off for oil cange or filter change

Comment

Originally posted by skip[
                          Originally posted by Rudi

Rudi
                          1980 GS1100E
                          I have the v&h megaphoe and it does not need to come off for oil cange or filter change
                          Is the official name for it? the V&H "megaphone"?

Comment

i have a yoshimura4-1 on my 83 750e love the sound.quiet in town. crack it open and it screams.also i can change the oil with it on and retain my centerstand.M 8)

Comment

I've got a Jardine, and I've been able to keep the centre stand and I can get to the filter and oil drain plug without an exhaust systemectomy.
                              Kevin
                              E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                              "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                              Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Working...
                              X