Yellowing White letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellowing White letters

My white letters are starting to get a slight film of yellow/tan on them.
    I keep them spotless, but still getting a little dis-color.

I am standing at Wal-Mart looking at all the cleaners when I seem to notice they all say they will dull aluminum!!

I used Westleys Bleech white before on a truck but I have toooo many man hours into these rims to dull them up.

Any ideas Guys and gals? :roll:

michael, have you tried making a paste of comet w/bleach and rubbing it onto the letters then letting it sit for a few minutes before rinsing it off? This is what they used to due back in the 50's and 60's for the white wall tires. I've never tried it on tires on aluminum rims, but as long as you don't let it sit on the rims it shouldn't hurt them.

Comment

dgeorge,
      I had forgotten all about that old stuff. I recall it working quite well on cars of the past.
      Thanks I will give that a shot.

Comment

Hey Michael when are you going to deliver my yacht?

Comment

Added some last minute upgrades for you first.

I wanted to give you Internet access while you was cruzing along the river so you could still have GSR

Comment

I use SOS scouring pads on the white lettering on my car tires all the time. Just gettem wet, scrub lightly and rinse off with a strong jet of water.
            Also, Castrol Super Clean works pretty good too.

Comment

Re: Yellowing White letters

Originally posted by MichaelHoward
              My white letters are starting to get a slight film of yellow/tan on them....

...I used Westleys Bleech white before on a truck but I have toooo many man hours into these rims to dull them up.

Any ideas Guys and gals? :roll:
              In future, keep dogs from expressing their opinion on your wheels.

Comment

Another trick to try - use the bottom of a tennis shoe, just rub it over the white letters a few times, while the tire is wet and walla!! just like new money - something we used to do at a detail shop that I worked at during my younger days ... 8)

Comment

Working...
                X