Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have one of these fairings?

Check out the link. Sporty looking and cheap, does anyone have one
    of these on their bike. I'd like to see a picture of it or hear some opinions
    on it. Brian

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

I had one for awhile on my previous bike, can't say I was impressed with the fit and finish of it. After screwing around with it for a few weeks, it was very functional, just not very pretty, that was about 5 years ago, maybe they have improved them since then.

Comment

Brian, I have that exact fairing on my 1000g - and I have to say that I love the looks - it's completely useless as a fairing, unless you tuck down behind it - but it looks great. It was easy to mount and it gets compliments all the time ... 8)

Comment

i have the same fairing on my bike, i think it works great and for 7 bucks i couldnt go wrong buying it

Comment

anyone try this on a 80 gs750e or something similar?? Stock headlamp is square, and would need to be converted to a round, but I think It would be worth it. Any input??

Comment

I have that fairing on my Yamarat. Geneerally that's as much fairing as I like - keeps the wind off your torso so you don't have to pull yourself forward. Works fine for that, cheap. Installs to headlight bolts. Screws and washers rust in about 20 minutes. Good for the rat, but a little cheesy for a clean bike.
            "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I was curious if it will fit mine as well. I believe I have the nine inch headlight on 85 gs700e? It says its for a seven inch headlight. Can anyone tell me what size my headlight is considered?
              I measured it and it came up around eight inches the way I measured it.
              It is the stock headlight, not modded in anyway. Thanks, Brian

Comment

they are out there much Cheaper !!!

I just got a fairing similar to the one you posted.... from Motorcycle accessories warehouse... 47.00 with shipping included

Order # Price...... Description......
                (69283) $35.95 Lockhart Cafe Fairing Kit for 7" Headlight #107445

Robb

Comment

JC Whitney fairing

Do you guys jnow if the JC whitney fairing discussed in this thread will fit w/o modification on an 80 GS850G. Mine has a 7" round headlight and OEM turnsignals mounted to the headlight frame. By the looks of it I think that it would, JC Whitney however, cautions against it.

Thanks

Charlie Queens, NY

Comment

Originally posted by dominick
                    anyone try this on a 80 gs750e or something similar?? Stock headlamp is square, and would need to be converted to a round, but I think It would be worth it. Any input??
                    Maier makes a similar one that fits square headlights. It looks like the ones that used to come on the early '80s GPZ bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by markjohnson75
                      Originally posted by dominick
                      Maier makes a similar one that fits square headlights. It looks like the ones that used to come on the early '80s GPZ bikes.

http://www.accwhse.com/photos/maier_...l_fairings.gif
                      The square headlight one seems to be about $100 more than the same round headlight one.
                      "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Working...
                      X