Never Say Yes To a Mechanic!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never Say Yes To a Mechanic!!!!

It was a beautiful day , I had planned to pick up my bike after leaving it with the auto elec for a few days to sort out the reg/rec.
    I rang the mechanic and he said:
    " as long as we are doing all this work would you like me to have a quick look inside?"
    "Why sure" I said "thats a tootin idea go for it !"
    8O 8O 8O 8O 8O ( thats the mechanics face...........)
    8O 8O 8O 8O ( thats my face)
    Heres the list after 3 weeks of work

seal 30-72
    oil
    engine cover gasket
    reg/rec
    spark plugs
    clutch nut
    clutch washer
    clutch basket
    clutch gasket
    oil pan gasket
    seal 32 6 2
    cylinder o ring
    rocker cover gasket
    head gasket
    base gasket
    o ring oil pump
    o ring oil gallery
    dowel pin
    cam chain tensioner blade
    oil filters
    cam chain giude
    o ring oil filter cover
    wiseco piston ringhs
    piston circlips
    replace sleeve
    rebore sleeve
    machine cylinder top
    s/hand sleeve
    recoil inserts
    Solve Arab Israeli conflict
    rid world of all known diseases

My therapist said all would be well , she said that all we had to do was take off the top of my head and have a look in .........AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH :twisted:

cheers katana

And how much of that list did he actually get done?

(yes, I'm still bitter about my last Adventures In Mechanicland, especially after doing half the work myself, without special tools, without even a garage, in 2.5 hours )

Comment

Re: Never Say Yes To a Mechanic!!!!

Originally posted by Katana
      It was a beautiful day , I had planned to pick up my bike after leaving it with the auto elec for a few days to sort out the reg/rec.
      I rang the mechanic and he said:
      " as long as we are doing all this work would you like me to have a quick look inside?"
      "Why sure" I said "thats a tootin idea go for it !"
      8O 8O 8O 8O 8O ( thats the mechanics face...........)
      8O 8O 8O 8O ( thats my face)
      Heres the list after 3 weeks of work

seal 30-72
      oil
      engine cover gasket
      reg/rec
      spark plugs
      clutch nut
      clutch washer
      clutch basket
      clutch gasket
      oil pan gasket
      seal 32 6 2
      cylinder o ring
      rocker cover gasket
      head gasket
      base gasket
      o ring oil pump
      o ring oil gallery
      dowel pin
      cam chain tensioner blade
      oil filters
      cam chain giude
      o ring oil filter cover
      wiseco piston ringhs
      piston circlips
      replace sleeve
      rebore sleeve
      machine cylinder top
      s/hand sleeve
      recoil inserts
      Solve Arab Israeli conflict
      rid world of all known diseases

My therapist said all would be well , she said that all we had to do was take off the top of my head and have a look in .........AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH :twisted:

cheers katana
      Quick Michael, get a new therapist 8)

That list looks like my shopping list 8) and just as expensive 8O

Comment

Never patronize a mechanic who's making payments on a classic Ferarri!!!

Comment

Quick peek??

Kat:
          A quick peek?????.....are you kidding??Looks like a laundry list of "things to do" Actually there is not much left over TO do!
          Did you authorize them to do that much stuff? If not ,you do have the right to refuse the work.I had a similar situation years ago with a transmission that went out around 1979. They wanted some $450 to fix it..they had it stripped down,said needed this and that....I said "just fix whats' broken".
          They charged some $175 or so.....I'm now a mechanic and I see it all...strippin something down will NOT gaurantee an authorization....I would just consider it a fishing-trip to see if something can be found....very risky as it will consume alot of time which most likely will NOT be authorized even if you do find something.Most mechanics do not behave that way & puts the rest of us in a bad light.
          Rick.......

Comment

Richard , yes I did authorize it , as there was a few noises that I wanted checked out....a few tooo many noises as it turned out. :roll:
            This was a more tongue in cheeck go at mechanics. the guy who did the work was a very good mechanic , who because of all the labour charged me less and worked many hours overtime.
            It turned out that the rebore I'd had done a year or so ago was stuffed as a barrell had cracked.
            there were allot of small "bodge" jobs that had been done by the previous owner to cover problems...that became apparent with the travel I do

cheers Katana

Comment

Working...
            X