drag style pipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drag style pipes?

Is there enough clearance to use for example Vance&Hines pro pipe if I have GSX1100 with GSXR right way up fork and 17" wheel? Or does the headers interfere with front wheel?

My guess would be you are going to be close. With the shorter forks and slightly larger front wheel its got to be. If you noticed the V&H pro pipe really has a large sweep to the pipes in the front. I just purchased a street pipe from V&H...I really wanted the much better head pipe design of the pro pipe but everyone of the guys that I know who have run them have easily dragged them. I assume with the gsxr parts you are running lower profile tires which doesn`t help. Guess it depends how rough your roads are and how hard you ride in the turns. I do know it will work on a stock bike. Forgot to mention...Star racing makes a race pipe(not as good quality in my opinion) and Murray exhaust...better quality but it has probably bigger down tubes and may be worse.

Comment

Re: drag style pipes?

Originally posted by Sami
      Is there enough clearance to use for example Vance&Hines pro pipe if I have GSX1100 with GSXR right way up fork and 17" wheel? Or does the headers interfere with front wheel?
      I raced a guy that had inverted gsxr front end with the spyder pro pipe and he could not turn the bike any were near full lock .we pulled out of a parking lot and he had to back it up to leave! it did look awsome but if you are going to ride it any where but straight i would not do it. BTW he sold the bike two weeks later after all that work because it just was not practicle and wasnt as fast as he thought it should be. (rider error I think)

Comment

Skip i think it is just the spyder pipe that is the problem. I had to use a 16 inch front wheel and bob my front fender.

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VgDjAsoYHRcSWQtgZbZgYu4x9ZbhxaIvOvzlQvHL0NzInU9yK fAhawlLlltdKmuJbcIdU6HNkMrt2!FsEebnKnQh*IhBV!qjbiQ iOxyVoCKqPhIJoRQEDQ05M!Fpr9as/THE-MODIFIED-GS1100E.jpg?dc=4675401988742045562[/img] The ground clearance may not be for you if you like to do twisties. They make a competition pipe that does not have the spagetti looking head pipes. I didnt see them saying that the pipes with the better clearance produced any gains in power ((on the star racing site ) though.

Comment

Scotty i really like that bike the guy that had the inverted front end had the v@h pro pipe. I dont know if it is different than the star they look so similar but he blamed it on combo of the two. Looking at your picture it probably is just the pipe that causes the trouble

Comment

Originally posted by skip[
            Scotty i really like that bike the guy that had the inverted front end had the v@h pro pipe. I dont know if it is different than the star they look so similar but he blamed it on combo of the two. Looking at your picture it probably is just the pipe that causes the trouble
            I think the V&H is superior--not in design but in the fact that they have those springs holding the pipe together

Comment

Working...
            X