Lucky Saturday Evening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky Saturday Evening

The wife & I were on a Saturday evening ride. It was about 60 degrees out and perfectly clear. We had rode about 75 miles when we stopped at a little roadside steak house for dinner. After dinner I decided to take the scenic route so we were off. A short stop for some petro and we were on our way.
    It was just about dusk and the air was starting to cool off. Now when I ride and the oportunity to go in the twisties comes along I usually go with it.(it makes the wife nervous so I took it easy) Now we`re riding along and have gone about twenty miles when I popped over a rise only to see 3 deer in the middle of the road. I was running along about 50mph so I grabbed a handfull of brakes( Too little, too late). There was a car coming toward me & nowhere to go, So I took sights on the smallest one. ( middle) Just as I got there the last deer saw the car & started sliding to try to stop. (she never did see me). In a split second I dragged the pegs on the GK 3 times, missed the deer and the car, that`s when the wife realized how close we came.
    We stopped about a mile up the road to assess any damage ( and clean out my pants). There was deer hair stuck on both sides of my bike and some scratches where one of them kicked us. Truely a lucky day.
    So when you are riding you need to ALWAYS expect the unexpected and NEVER let down your guard, even on the nicest rides

Glad to hear your both alright!!

It never seems to fail - you think the weather's great, the road is just right and there isn't any traffic to speak of - that's exactly when all H#^* breaks loose.

Count your blessings and ride on!! 8)

Comment

Glad to hear you got through it OK. I had a 4 deer encounter a while back and I have a good idea how you felt. :-) :-) When stuff happens, the one thing you can usually count on is that there will be very little time to decide what to do about it. :-)

Earl
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
      X