750 performance mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750 performance mods

I am doing a sprocket change (possibly both) on a 77 750. I am just curious what final drive ratios others are using and why. I ride almost over 120 miles everytime I get out but would still like to keep it sporty and fun. Currently I have a 41/16 final drive, any recommendations?

Stock ratio for the 77 750 is 41/15. If you go with this ratio, you should see a 300 or so rpm jump. If you can measure the circumference of your rear wheel & tire I can give you a better estimate.

Terry

Comment

I have already used Gear Calc and I am thinking about going back to stock! I was just curious what other 750 riders were using and if they liked it.

Comment

I dropped one tooth on the 750 front sprocket for a little more zip around town but didn't care for the extra buzz at highway speeds. Went back to the stock sprockets and liked it much betterIt is still asimple enougj job I can swap them back and forth depending on my riding plans.

Comment

What or who would you recommend for sprockets and chain (530)? What kind of money should I be looking at. It's not that I'm cheap I just don't want to get ripped off by some dealer who knows I don't have a clue!

Comment

Try http://www.sprocketCenter.com

Comment

I took my sprockets to a dealer who faxed their footprint to his wholesaler to locate a match. I'm still waiting for a reply...thanks for the link, I'll probably pursue them if I don't hear anything.

Comment

Working...
              X