Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP: Fairing question

Hey everyone,
    This is my first time posting, I have a 1981 GS400 and was wondering if there are any fairings I can put on it to give it a more sporty look. I am interested in putting on the upper and possibly lower fairings. Would any fairings off any other GS bikes work with a little fabrication?? Any help would be great

Thanks
    ~Shawn~

Shawn,
    Try the Dennis Kirk website (I think it's www.denniskirk.com) and look up plastic fairings. I recall that for each/most of the fairings, they list all the bikes that particular fairing would fit, and you could compare among the Suzuki GS models that each fairing might fit. Also try the National Cycle and Memphis Slim and Rifle websites (use a search engine), and do the same.

Comment

I have a little fairing from a Buell Blast that fits perfect on my 77 gs400 with no modifications. The cost is between 25-35 USD depending on where you buy one. All it takes is one bolt in the middle, and one plastic tiedown strap on each side. Not a big fairing, doesnt do much with the wind but adds a little sportiness and keeps the bugs out of the instruments for easier cleaning. Easy to take on and off for a meaner more classic look. http://gsclassic0.tripod.com

Comment

I just had a thread on this http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...pic.php?t=9528
        Also you can do a search for fairing. There are several places that carry
        them, JC Whitney, Targa, etc. If your handy with tools you can adapt
        just about any fairing to your bike. Brian

Comment

Just a thought but if you check on ebay,etc. you may be able to find one of those fairings off a 90-something gs 500e. They were optional but lots of those bikes had them and I bet it would look good on yours.

Comment

AirTech has the motorcycle fairings, fenders, tail sections, seats, and gas fuel tanks you are looking for!

These guys have repros of all the factory GS fairings (a great resource for model-swapping) as well as for alot of older bikes and exotics.

They also make aftermarket replacements in kits or pieces for newer bikes - some custom and street-fighter stuff, too.

No prices, though....

-Q!

Comment

Airtech is afraid to post their prices. 8O You have to order their catalog to get a price sheet. It's not cheap either, however I did and got a 3 year old catalog and price sheet. :? :? Oh yeah, no responses to email.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary
                Airtech is afraid to post their prices. 8O You have to order their catalog to get a price sheet. It's not cheap either, however I did and got a 3 year old catalog and price sheet. :? :? Oh yeah, no responses to email.
                There is actually a link on their website to the price sheet. Don't know where offhand, but I've looked at it before when I was looking for a Wes cooley of R90S fairing.
                "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Originally posted by ronnie
                  I have a little fairing from a Buell Blast that fits perfect on my 77 gs400 with no modifications. The cost is between 25-35 USD depending on where you buy one. All it takes is one bolt in the middle, and one plastic tiedown strap on each side. Not a big fairing, doesnt do much with the wind but adds a little sportiness and keeps the bugs out of the instruments for easier cleaning. Easy to take on and off for a meaner more classic look. Middle Bike here: http://rodneyfarnsworth.tripod.com[/img]
                  Nice bike Ronnie. 8) 8) 8)
                  Did you restore it or get it in that condition?
                  Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                  2000 Kawasaki Concours
                  Please wear ATGATT

Comment

The prices are right there on the homepage. It is the eighth button
                    down, it flashes even!

Brian

Comment

Been a while since I've been to their site.

Comment

Cooleyreplica

I see that airtech has the cooley fairing, Does anyone know if it will fit on an 80 GS850G (7" round headlight and OEM turnsignals).

Thanks,

Charlie

Comment

Working...
                        X