Engine Guards-What works?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Guards-What works?

I am looking for a set of engine guards for a 1982 GS1100GL. I am wondering if other types are compatible. On ebay, there is a set for a gs650 and I wanted to know if they would work on the 1100. Thanks.

Don't know about the 650, but I do know that a set of engine guards for any big shaftie, 850, 1000, or 1100, will interchange perfectly. The engine guards I have on my GS1100GK are off my original 850.

Nick

Comment

nick, do you have a 2 point mount syle or 3 point? and where does the top bolt to? is it the engine case or the front down tube on the frame?

Comment

Three point. They mount to the engine frame.

Nick

Comment

i would sure like to know what my bars fit on! they dont fit a gs750, they doint fit mikes gs1000 either.

Comment

Maybe they'd fit my 550? I wonder if the 750 shares the smaller frames of the 550 and 650, or is it in between them and the 850-1100s? Doesn't seem to make sense to make a different frame for one model, but ya never know...

Comment

Rick, I just thought of something. Bring them over to my house next weekend and see if they fit that old 550 frame!

Comment

ahhh good idea! i never thought of that :?

Comment

Working...
                X