850 cylinders 0n 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

850 cylinders 0n 750

Anybody got the skinny on putting some 850 cylinders on a 16v 750, 1982? Anybody done it...I seem to recall reading that it is a direct bolt-together (like that is ever the case). Is this a better option than a wiseco big bore kit for a semi-daily driver? I do all my own wrenching...so hours are not a problem...money is.
    Mark Harrop

for one the 850 is a two valve motor not four valve Don't think it will work

Comment

I know that they are different in those respects, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that the cylinder block from the 850 would bolt onto the 750 engine cases, and that the 750 head would bolt onto the cylinders...do you know if the 750's and 850's have the same bolt pattern? This would seem a more economical rout to a 750 "big bore" kit.

Comment

I'm not the authority but It's something about the 850 cylinders being longer and hitting the crank on the 750, different wrist pin sizes also. 750 2V & 750 4V have different bolt pattern.

Comment

Damn, foiled again :x I guess I'll have to keep looking around for the low-buck secret to gaining more displacement....it is a conspiracy I tell you...
          Thanks for the info,
          Mark Harrop

Comment

What about putting 850 cylinders on an 8 valve 750 motor with the 750 head? Is this swap possible?

Comment

I'm sure there is some way to do it with either engine But it is NOT practical to my knowledge easier to just put a larger engine in the bike
              1000 or 1100

Comment

What about putting 850 cylinders on an 8 valve 750 motor with the 750 head? Is this swap possible?
                This CAN be done. It does require machine work on the cylinder block and/or the crankcase. As to wether a 1000 swap is more practical, that's a question of parts availability, Access to a good machinist & money. The 1000 swap requires an engine & motor mount fabrication. If you can get these cheaper than modifying a 750 motor, then that's the way to go. If the 850 parts & labor are cheaper you won't be disapppointed with that combo. Work the numbers. See what's more cost effective. Don't forget to consider a bigger bike. It might be a lot less hassle

Comment

Working...
                X