Tracy Design Windscreens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracy Design Windscreens

Has anybody heard of this company, and do you know if they still exist... or where to locate them? Found a pic of a pretty good looking fairing for '82 gs1100, but cannot find anything about this company.
    Thanks in advance
    -Lehrin

I think Dennis Kirk still carries them. It's worth a shot.
    Doze.

Comment

I have had 2 tracy streetfighters in my posession during the last 3 years. The first one was on he bike when i bought it. The second was NOS blem. Doze, I dont think they are made any more. I went nuts trying to find the particular model I wanted. I eventuallu sold them. I looked on ebay for a year for the second one I purchased. I would be tickled to find out that they still make some tracy items.

Comment

Here's one on eBay but this sucker is climbing fast 8O
        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
        2000 Kawasaki Concours
        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=35580
          Now thats my kind of a wind screen. The streetfighter was just too large for my taste. And I have to be broke at the moment This one covered the headlight. The one on ebay sits on top of the headlight.
          [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwDeAtQaC52BMU1N*WZnFehwd!ECzzAfFztnzlGpuVGxBXCNT V1Pj!XQFytSgX7xnYcosN0MzSzrO1OAiyB8Y3R3H!Sx4Lo1IqH 4Q98CZMId02tV4vaGmCkAs*t4RJ2F/with-streetfighter.jpg?dc=4675424615981391870[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler
            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=35580
            Yeah, that's the one that i was referring to in my original post, but I don't really want to pay $70 bucks for it like it looks to end up. It is pretty boss, slopoke. Have to find something else. Oh well.

Comment

I could be wrong, but I think Tracy is out of business. I had a tracy stilletto that I bought used when I had my 450, it worked well and looked really good.....but the 450 was also my first bike....which means it got dumped, end of the windsheild. I tried to find another one and was told then that they were out of business (This would have been '91- '92) > i remember when I was a kid one of my dad's buddies had a whole slew of tracy accessories( gloves, boots, tank bag, etc) and I remember reading good reviews about therir products. I did see awhile ago another company that had a windshield that looked an awful lot like the stilletto, but I don't remember the name or if they might have other products simmilar to the old Tracy designs.

Comment

tracy folded in the mid ninties, i was working at a friend's bike shop back then. too bad 'cause they had nice stuff

claude

Comment

Originally posted by Dex
                  I could be wrong, but I think Tracy is out of business. I had a tracy stilletto that I bought used when I had my 450, it worked well and looked really good.....but the 450 was also my first bike....which means it got dumped, end of the windsheild. I tried to find another one and was told then that they were out of business (This would have been '91- '92) > i remember when I was a kid one of my dad's buddies had a whole slew of tracy accessories( gloves, boots, tank bag, etc) and I remember reading good reviews about therir products. I did see awhile ago another company that had a windshield that looked an awful lot like the stilletto, but I don't remember the name or if they might have other products simmilar to the old Tracy designs.
                  I saw a stiletto last year. it would have been exactly what i wanted. i didnt bid on it. We cant have everything. I still havent replaced those 160 jets that my wife threw in the garbage by mistake Marty.

Comment

Sorry that didn't work out , Scotty, especially after I dragged my feet on getting them to you. When the Shop was trying to figure out the remaining problems and asked me what I had already done, they're response when I told them about the 160's was something like "yeah, riiiight!!!!" I finally got them to believe me....i think.

Comment

There's a Tracy Stilletto on ebay right nowhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=34284

Just like the one I used to have...no hardware tho'. If I was more engineering savvy I'd bid on it myself....oh, well. Maybe one of you guys can make it work if you need it.

Comment

...and here's a Tracy Road Warrior...

Comment

I have a windscreen like the one on eBay I didn't know it was Tracy Design ! The only problem with it is painted orange/red chameleon paint (can't see thorugh it) but has all mounting hardware and one crack fiberglassed on the right side (or left ??) not very noticeable ! will let it go for 40 plus s/H call 505 710 1447

Comment

If this brand isn't made anymore...that shouldn't be a problem, right? I mean, aren't there plently of other new windshields out there that would fit our old GS's...right?

If so, please name some of these brands...

Rudi

Comment

National Cycle to be exact you can find them on their site or at mawonline.com

Comment

Working...
                              X