front wheel swap ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front wheel swap ??

Hello again everyone.... I have a 1982 GS1100GL that i have basically made a drag bike looking type of ride out of ( lowered & put a 1997 GSXR 750 Solo Tailpiece on it as well as a Shoei 1/4 faring) but it looks a little out of scale because of the large 19" front wheel.... is there any smaller wheel that I could put on there ( like a 16" or 17" wheel) that would work with the exisitng forks with the stock calipers on the 1100.... It would probably have to be a Mag wheel ( I hope ) to match the rear wheel as close as possible... I also think i will be putting a sidewinder type header on it so...I think I will need the smaller wheel for clearance also........... HELP !!!! anyone !!!!! ....Robb

Re: front wheel swap ??

[quote="RCRobb"]but it looks a little out of scale because of the large 19" front wheel.... is there any smaller wheel that I could put on there ( like a 16" or 17" wheel) that would work with the exisitng forks with the stock calipers on the 1100....

*** I don`t thing such wheel exist. Only solution is to install different front end from GS 1150 ( 16`` wheel) or GSXR ( 17 `` wheel ).
    I have complete front end from GS 1150 with brakes, front fender and good BT 45 ( 2000 km on them ) tires for sale + maching rear wheel, but I want lots of money for it ))

Adam M.

Comment

ask sloepoke, he has a 16 inch front wheel i think on his bike.

Comment

Working...
      X