New carbs for my GS700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New carbs for my GS700

I want to put a set of carbs on my GS700, but I don't want to spend $600 to do it. All I really want is to get rid of the CV carbs and maybe add a little performance kick. I was wondering if there was a swap that I could do that would be cheaper than the brand new full set of carbs.

Re: New carbs for my GS700

Originally posted by 85GS700ES
    I want to put a set of carbs on my GS700, but I don't want to spend $600 to do it. All I really want is to get rid of the CV carbs and maybe add a little performance kick. I was wondering if there was a swap that I could do that would be cheaper than the brand new full set of carbs.
    If you would stick with cv carbs then you could just go up a couple of mm 8)

Comment

Keep watching Ebay for a set of 34mm RS flatslides. You should be able to pick up a set for under $250 with patience. They will squeeze onto your stock manifolds. You would not believe the difference in performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
        Keep watching Ebay for a set of 34mm RS flatslides. You should be able to pick up a set for under $250 with patience. They will squeeze onto your stock manifolds. You would not believe the difference in performance.
        Bill is that true even without exhaust mods. I have been afraid to look into flatslides because i really enjoy just cruisin a lot. When i wack the throttle its a no brainer with cv carbs. What can you tell me about the diference in whatever??

Comment

Originally posted by 1100ed
          Originally posted by Billy Ricks
          Bill is that true even without exhaust mods. I have been afraid to look into flatslides because i really enjoy just cruisin a lot. When i wack the throttle its a no brainer with cv carbs. What can you tell me about the diference in whatever??
          My 38 rs flatsides perform great and you can "wack the throttle" at most rpms (under 2500 I usually roll it on. but 3500 or above I can grab a huge handful with no Ill effects. they are easy to tune and make more power.

Comment

thanks

Comment

RS carbs are the best but expensive, I plan on putting a set of RS34's on my 750 when the motor is finished. I have used flatslide CV carbs off the early GSXR's. These are the next best option- I currently use 34mm Mikuni's off the 86 GSXR 1100 on my 750. I also had a set of 31mm Mikuni's off an 86 GSXR 750-these worked well on a lightly modified motor- the 34's are better with extensive mods. Bigger is not always better, the 700/750 motors have large intake ports- if using CV carbs, the 34's are big enough. Either will bolt right up to the stock intake boots and can be had for $100-150.

Comment

Working...
              X