• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a story...

Got my GS 1100E last August.

Still working the bike.

Still can't ride the frickin' thing.

The end.

:-) It was a short story...but to the point..wouldn'tcha say?

OH! that's a short story for sure! But keep at it and I bet you will end up with a happy ending!
    GY

Comment

Rudy, I know about how you feel. I picked up my bike back in Dec. paid it off (I'm buying it from my landlord) in April and just yesterday he finally admitted that he can't find the title to it. So now he has to file for a duplicate title and the DMV here in NC makes you wait 15 business days after they get the paperwork before they will issue a new title. So it looks like it will be the end of July or first part of Aug. before I can get the title. (NC DMV won't issue plates without a title.) It's a b!#ch having the bike sitting without being able to ride it. Oh well might as well finish sanding and painting everything while I'm waiting.

Comment

My situation has more to do with the bike mechanically not wanting to ride. I got this bike from my Uncle (bless his soul!) last August. It had an electrical problem...of which I've fixed with many GSResource members help. Then I found that the carbs needed to be cleaned...now I'm having a charging problem...not to mention only 3 of 4 cylinders are firing!

The hits just keep on coming! But I know there is an end in sight. What makes this even more difficult is that I'm a novice at fixing my bike. I am learning at a fast pace, however. But I'm more determined than ever to make this bike look new...regardless of how inexperienced I am. Plus, it's been in our family for over 23 years. I kinda want to keep it that way.

I will press on! :x

Rudi
        1980 GS1100E

Comment

I'll check back with you in a couple years. That's how long it took me to get mine ridable!

Trust me Rudi, when this is over you will consider yourself an expert! :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by dgeorge
            Rudy, I know about how you feel. I picked up my bike back in Dec. paid it off (I'm buying it from my landlord) in April and just yesterday he finally admitted that he can't find the title to it. So now he has to file for a duplicate title and the DMV here in NC makes you wait 15 business days after they get the paperwork before they will issue a new title. So it looks like it will be the end of July or first part of Aug. before I can get the title. (NC DMV won't issue plates without a title.) It's a b!#ch having the bike sitting without being able to ride it. Oh well might as well finish sanding and painting everything while I'm waiting.

Yea But i'm sure it will be worth the wait

Comment

Working...
            X