CDMOTO Parts Manual CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CDMOTO Parts Manual CD

I purchased the parts CD from CDMOTO.COM for the GS1100GLZ/GLD in May of 2002. After a one year period, it no longer worked as the license had expired. Numerous emails to the company have not fixed the problem. Back in the first part of May, I did get one response from them saying that they'd send a new CD. So far, nothing. A warning sign to me was the fact that anything you selected from their website took you to a hotmail address.
    I would not recommend their product to anyone.
    1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
    2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
    2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Try setting the date on your computer to a date when the product worked. Quite a few date based programs can be fooled in this way (even big $$ products like autocad - No I do not use autocad, I just know it is an example of this kind of license check.)

Comment

Tried that Chris. The program somehow knows that the date has been changed and it pop's up an error.
      Also, I tried to uninstall and reinstall with the date set back, but the keycode comes up expired.
      I've even tried hunting around the registry for entries but no luck.
      These guys have all the bases covered. When you bring up any page of the parts manual, the print feature is disabled, therefore, you can't even print out a hard copy.
      The last email I sent was yesterday threatening them that I would post this problem on a "Owners Group" website but still no response. I guess I'll keep emailing them just to annoy them. Maybe they'll send me a new CD just to shut me up. We'll see.
      1982 GS1100GLZ Sold but still loved
      2008 Bandit 1250 Crashed (cager on a cell phone)
      2008 Bandit 1250 #2

Comment

did you set back your date in windows or did you go into your bios. try setting your date back in the bios, this is where the program would check the date. reset the date in bios restart the comp and try reinstalling the program see what happens.

ryan
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

I purchased a shop manual on cd--it was scanned pages and set in adobe photoshop. excellent scanning etc. However i could not go to a particular page without scrollong down and found it to be a nuicance. next time i will buy a clymers-haynes or a shop manual. in the booklet form only. $20 out the window as i see it.

Comment

Parts CD

Go to www.zedder.com for a parts CD. They cost about 20.oo and like 1.00 for shipping. Great buy. I have one for each of my bikes.

Comment

Definitely agree on the Zedder CD. Have one for my bike.

Comment

I bought a parts CD for my GL1000 last June. Last night as I'm trying to look up some part numbers, I get the license expired message. At least they screwed up my order last year and only sent one CD instead of the two I tried to order.
                JP
                1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
                1992 Concours
                2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
                2007 FJR

Comment

Re: Parts CD

Originally posted by Robert Corrie
                  Go to www.zedder.com for a parts CD. They cost about 20.oo and like 1.00 for shipping. Great buy. I have one for each of my bikes.
                  Robert or Gary, have you had your Zedder CD's long enough to see if there is a license expiry like the CD's from CDMOTO.COM?

Comment

Re: Parts CD

Originally posted by Simon Waters
                    Originally posted by Robert Corrie
                    Robert or Gary, have you had your Zedder CD's long enough to see if there is a license expiry like the CD's from CDMOTO.COM?
                    I've had mine from Vedder for about a year and no problems.
                    Wouldn't really matter that much anyway. Vedder sends all the JPG files for each fiche page, so even if their software timed out you could go through manually and find what your looking for. Vedder also has a CSV file on the CD. If you open it in a spreadsheet it is the index from the JPG files to their descriptions.
                    I'm not that fond Vedders interface, seems a bit cludgy, doesn't remember where it's data files are, can only have one file open at a time, that kind of thing. Thinking about writing my own. If I ever do I'll give to anyone here that's interested.

Comment

Originally posted by slopoke
                      I purchased a shop manual on cd--it was scanned pages and set in adobe photoshop. excellent scanning etc. However i could not go to a particular page without scrollong down and found it to be a nuicance. next time i will buy a clymers-haynes or a shop manual. in the booklet form only. $20 out the window as i see it.
                      After reading reading the above hassles with cd's.. i'm with you Dom, plus i dont have a computer anywhere close to my bikes, i'd just rather thumb through a good manual, even as a computer fan i do have to admit the printed manual rules over a cd manual
                      Wrench.

Comment

Originally posted by wrench
                        Originally posted by slopoke
                        After reading reading the above hassles with cd's.. i'm with you Dom, plus i dont have a computer anywhere close to my bikes, i'd just rather thumb through a good manual, even as a computer fan i do have to admit the printed manual rules over a cd manual
                        Wrench.
                        Never again with a cd. Im working on my yammy a lot these days and its mostly in the dark because the cd ipurchased is such a pain in the neck to find info. on :? :?

Comment

Does someone have an email address for cdmoto? Their website does not work now.

Comment

Had the same thing, expired after a year if you download this file here it should work. Worked for me anyhow after an email to CDMOTO :

TC

Comment

Has anyone ever purchased parts from CDMOTO.COM through their CD?

Comment

Working...
                              X