'79 850 oil cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'79 850 oil cooler

Is there a cooling system that will work with a 79' gs850, I live in Florida and the bike can tend to get quite hot at times.

Do a forum search Chris Daileys Oil cooler adapter

Comment

After owning an 1150 for four years I finally noiced that they have two take off points on that cover behind the cylinder block , so that may help make the conversion quicker and easier.
      Dink

Comment

The GS1150 and GS850 oil systems are different

Comment

The 850 will be the same as my 78 GS1000. An oil adaptor is needed to fit behind the cylinders where the oil pressure switch is. The adaptor diverts oil up through the cooler and back on it merry way.

Try seraching on oil adaptor as this has been covered. New ones are hard or impossible to get I believe.

Comment

This was my whole point If the oil light switch covers behind the cylinder blocks below the camchain tensioner are all the same it may make it a lot easier to fit an oil cooler by swapping to the fitting of an 1150 which already has an allowance for two take offs in it.
            Dink

Comment

Check with brs127s (Brandon)...he has done this modification and did a lot of research while he did it...he is an excellent source of info.

Hap

Comment

Working...
              X