New Custom Exhaust for GS 1100 ViperG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Custom Exhaust for GS 1100 ViperG

Hi all, I thought I might share my new custom high mount stainless Vance & Hines exhaust with you and get your impressions. What do you think?

Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.

I like it a lot. Is that for a GS or GSXR? It doesn't look it interferes in the center stand are either. What is the P/N for that pipe? I've been casually looking for one for my project bike. One more question - Is the only mount on the canister?

Comment

The Headers are Supertrapp Stainless that I have had for 12 years on this bike. I wanted something a little different (modern & racier) for the tail section so I acquired a used V & H SS2R oval can from a GSXR. I chose the GSXR system because of the bolt on/off flange design to give me more options for future exhaust can changes and because there are alot of them available. Also, the triangle flange pattern that Suzuki uses is the same as a Chevy exhaust flange that you can get at most good exhaust shops. The tricky part was making the mid pipe. I have a freind who is a custom street rod exhaust fabricator. He has done several other bike systems for me. The work is all tig welded 2.5 " straights and elbows and the pipe and flange material are 304 stainless. Entire system weighs all of 12 pounds with hardware. The pipe mounted bracket is the only rear support that I am using and it runs from the top of the shock bolt. A bracket could be fabed and mounted on the mid pipe to go to the peg triangle bracket also. My muffler came with an aluminum mounting tab already in place so I used its existing location rather than cut it off.

Comment

Very, very, very sharp..... 8) 8) 8) 8)

Comment

Working...
        X