'Maxima' Chain Wax.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Maxima' Chain Wax.

I've used this stuff for 3 years now on my DID 630 o-ring chain. After 11,0000 miles my chain is about 1/2 way through it's stretch life. I have not lost any o-rings due to drying/cracking and have never seen any rust. The stuff dries in 15 minutes and does not come off. It's also very easy to remove the overspray, especially in the first couple of minutes. I've used almost 2 cans in the 3 years,so I'm not even applying as often as they call for. I hope they don't stop making it, it really works well. I used to use PJ Blue,among others, which attracted dirt more and allowed my o-rings to harden and fall off. Maybe because the Maxima is a 'wax' it is better? Best stuff I've found in 30 years. KK.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

No rust? This must be the product for me. I oiled my chain with 80w90 to the point that my tire was a total mess just before I parked it for 2 weeks in a dirt parking lot. I got back last night to find that my links where rusty and the oil was gone!

Steve

Comment

Is this stuff readily available? I've never heard of it before.

--- Frank ---

Comment

Maxima products are widely available. Dennis Kirk sells Maxima chain wax for $7.50. I'll add a can to my next order. I'm tired of slingin' oil all over the rear half of my bike.

Comment

I agree the wax works great. I have been using it on my TL as the GS is down for a long overhaul. It works great and is much easier to use and clean up after. Used PJ Blue for years, now sold on this. Ride On, Ed.

Comment

How well do you think it will work on my bike?

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Diaz

Nick
              Spray it on your mouth Nick Im looking for a shaftie myself now.

Comment

Nick
                Nick,

I think it will work great on your bike just apply it liberally to the seat and then go for a ride. Grab a handful of throttle and see what happens or alternately grab a handful of brake.

Mike

Comment

Nick
                  Now where was that article about how much horsepower you lose through a shaft...Oh, it's right here under the article about heavy, odd looking parts...
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Excellent suggestions, folks. Now get the shaft and forget about chain wax!

Nick

Comment

Keith: What do you think of the "Clear" Maxima wax? I bought a giant can of the dark stuff after reading your post but I've realized that it's too big to bring along with me on trips. I can just imagine the laughs coming from Nick if a 1 pound can of this slime blew up in my luggage. :roll: I am going to buy a small can of the clear if it's just as good, otherwise just a small can of the dark.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
                        Keith: What do you think of the "Clear" Maxima wax? I bought a giant can of the dark stuff after reading your post but I've realized that it's too big to bring along with me on trips. I can just imagine the laughs coming from Nick if a 1 pound can of this slime blew up in my luggage. :roll: I am going to buy a small can of the clear if it's just as good, otherwise just a small can of the dark.

Steve
                        Steve, I bought some "clear" Maxima lube. I should have read all the info on the can. I thought I was buying the same chain wax but only clear. It turns out the clear stuff is completely different. It's a synthetic, but the darker stuff is a paraffin based wax. I think the wax is better for the o-rings than other sprays and dirt does'nt stick to it as easily. I'm real happy with the wax but I'll go ahead and try the clear synthetic when I run out of the wax. So for now I can't tell you which I prefer. I know the larger can costs less per ounce.
                        I think a smaller can would actually blow up sooner than a larger can? 8O
                        I know what you mean about needing all the space you can get, I backpack a lot. A big can comes in handy when fighting off mad dogs and nutty people. Just light a match and press. :twisted:
                        And I would'nt worry about Nick. He would'nt laugh at a fellow GSer that just slimed himself. He's above that. Welllll.....

Comment

And I would'nt worry about Nick. He would'nt laugh at a fellow GSer that just slimed himself. He's above that. Welllll.....

What do you mean? I certainly would laugh!

Shaftie Nick

Comment

What do you mean? I certainly would laugh!

Shaftie Nick
                            C'mon Nick. It's Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by fperreault
                              Is this stuff readily available? I've never heard of it before.

--- Frank ---
                              Ya got ta kno da secret passwoid...den your local bike deala will score ya some from da back room, pally 8) .

Comment

Working...
                              X