X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16V conversion for a shaftie?

Howdy, howdy, howdy.

Just in the theoretical stages at this moment:

Are there any 16V jug/head swaps that I can do to my 82 GS650G?

I am willing to go newer (Like the newer Katanas) if that's what it takes. I want shaft drive and 16 valves on a 650 as an end result. (Or at least this stage's end result. I may never quit modifying)

You want 16 valves and shaft drive? Get a Kawasaki Concours or more modern bike. You can't put a 16-valve head on a stock 8-valver. Give it up.

Nick

Comment

Bah! never say never!

Wait, I just said never. Twice! 8O

I like to look in to any and all possibilities, and then try things out on the cheap. Just wondering if there were any direct/easy swaps to be had.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Jedi
        Bah! never say never!

Wait, I just said never. Twice! 8O

I like to look in to any and all possibilities, and then try things out on the cheap. Just wondering if there were any direct/easy swaps to be had.
        I then would like to hear your report on how you did the conversion. Somehow i have the feeling that you will NEVER do it though. 8O

Comment

[quote="slopoke"]
          I then would like to hear your report on how you did the conversion. Somehow i have the feeling that you will NEVER do it though. 8O
          Aaaaah! There's that word again!

Comment

[quote="Dark Jedi"]
            Originally posted by slopoke
            Aaaaah! There's that word again!

Quite deliberate as you may have noticed

Comment

Working...
            X