K & N stage 1 and 3 jet kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K & N stage 1 and 3 jet kit

I need to rebuild the carbs on my 1980 gs1100ET. I bought the bike from a guy who bought the bike from a guy... When I bought it off the guy he said it already came with the K&N pod filters and 4-1 headers with a supertrapp muffler on it. I didn't know if he put the jet kit in it, but I thought since it was supposed to be $40, I'd get one anyway. I was confused about which kit I should get, but the package has stage 1 and 3 in it so I guess it didn't matter. The price for it (part number 81-9056) is $122! As far as I know this is just going to be some adjustable jets??? Anyone know of a cheaper place to get them, what stage jet kit I really should use and maybe a way around it? Like maybe the right drill size to drill out my main jets to make them the same size of the K&N jet kit?
    Thanks.

With K&N filters and a header you want to go Stage 3. With the Supertrapp you have the flexibility of changing the number of discs to help you tune.

Comment

You can get the Dynojet kit from www.denniskirk.com for $113.99. Part # 17-1822. I believe the kit is considered stage 1 or 3 depending on what mods you have on your bike. So in some cases you just wouldn't use all the parts. I've got an '82 1100EZ that I put a stage 3 kit in years ago and back then the pod filters CAME with the kit... for about $130.00. Times sure change. Anyway, pull out one of your carb slides and see if the slide needle has 5 slots for circlip adjustment (look down into the slide to see)If the needle has only one groove on it your carbs might not have been tampered with. Also take a quick look and see if the plugs are still on top of the mixture screws on the head side of the carb body. If the plugs are there probably no tampering. The kit itself consists of not only jets but new adjustablr slide needles, circlips, slide return springs, a couple of drill bits and last but most important... DIRECTIONS... Follow them to the letter. There are no shortcuts. Re-jetting certainly ain't brain surgery, but don't underestimate how tedious and involved it can get. Oh and don't bother trying to drill out main jets. Not recommended, there are enough variables to contend with without adding another. If the jet kit is the way you go, good luck and be VERY patient.

Comment

K&N still has their jet kits on sale! The kit you want is part number 81-9056 and is $35.29. Go to:

to order.... And if that doesn't work, go to knfilters.com then click on motorcycle products and look for the "Jet Kit Blowout" box on the bottom left corner.....

Comment

Thanks!!!!

The link didn't work, but I found the product page. Thanks DiamindJ! You saved me about $100!! Thanks for the info Jeff, it is exactly what I was looking for, i haven't checked my bike, but for $33 how can I go wrong?

Comment

Working...
          X