Are there any mods for 82 GS650L??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any mods for 82 GS650L??

im new here and i just got a 1982 GS650L for $600 off my dads friend in MINT condition.please list some websites that have any kind of mods for this bike.are there any companys that make aftermarket exhaust systems for this bike?say i cut off the baffels and welded custome strait pipes on.would it run right,would i have to rejet?please help i want this bike to have some sound to it.thanks

You don't want to run straight pipes. I doubt anyone makes a pipe specifically for your bike. If your able to take some exhaust port dimensions you might find out a 750 pipe or something will fit. At any rate a free flowing exhaust will require jetting, especially with intake mods like a K&N replacement filter or pods. A guy that posts here under the name shaftzuki has a good looking set of mufflers that I believe use the stock headpipes. They sound great without being overly loud. Really nice tone.

Comment

Re: Are there any mods for 82 GS650L??

Originally posted by 650lowrider
      im new here and i just got a 1982 GS650L for $600 off my dads friend in MINT condition.please list some websites that have any kind of mods for this bike.are there any companys that make aftermarket exhaust systems for this bike?say i cut off the baffels and welded custome strait pipes on.would it run right,would i have to rejet?please help i want this bike to have some sound to it.thanks
      Just finished some mods on my 82 GS650E == found some carbs off a 2001 Katana 600 on Ebay for $50 ...needed to move the carb boots on the engine alittle so that the carbs would line up close...added K&N individual Pods...also...previous owner must have taken out some of the packing in the muffler or drilled extra holes in the ends..but its sounds Awesome! LOW DEEP GROWL that turns heads when I go by...this Bike has alot of low and mid range torque that surprized me... pulls and accellerates hard too...not as fast or nimble as my 750 Katana...but it looks retro ...painted tank and covers Orange... Tim PS>>>give me your email address and Ill send some pics..[/img]

Comment

Please don't destroy anything "mint" for noise and a decrease in performance. I have a used exhaust that you can have cheap and experiment on, or you could get a MAC header that will probably work without rejetting. Don't mess with the carbs if you don't have to (others can warn you of the Quagmire that awaits). If you need something faster, you can get good money for "mint" bikes on Ebay. Use that and find a 750 or 850 that you can cut up.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Lobacz
          Please don't destroy anything "mint" for noise and a decrease in performance. I have a used exhaust that you can have cheap and experiment on, or you could get a MAC header that will probably work without rejetting. Don't mess with the carbs if you don't have to (others can warn you of the Quagmire that awaits). If you need something faster, you can get good money for "mint" bikes on Ebay. Use that and find a 750 or 850 that you can cut up.
          Bravo

Comment

Working...
          X