A tip to ease replacing that fuel line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A tip to ease replacing that fuel line

In many bikes, the fuel line is quite a tight fit when the carbs are still in the bike.

Next time you need to replace one, slide something in to the hose that is a fairly accurate fit. Not tight, not all loose and floppy.

I found that the shaft of an auger bit is the right diameter. I saved an old worn out 18" shaft auger bit for this purpose.

Leave enough hose free to fit on the carb rack nipple, and use the stiffened part of the hose to work it down on there. much easier than trying to reach in with a pair of needle-nose pliers, or removing the carbs. All you have to do is work the clamp down, and that is fairly easy to do anyways, it's getting that soft rubber hose over the nipple that gives you an ulcer.

Cool idea, then I can through away all those band-aids huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Falke
      Cool idea, then I can through away all those band-aids huh?
      and take back all the cussin too Mike.

Comment

Well, I had a hand full of band-aids and children with a vastly increased vocabulary before this occoured to me...

Comment

Oh! Now you tell us. LOL

Comment

i just reach under the carbs and remove fuel line!

Comment

feul line easy-on

Hey you guys ever try just heating the end of the line with a hair dryer? Softens the tube and it slides right on. Works great on carb and air box boots as well.

Comment

Re: feul line easy-on

Originally posted by docfishr
                Hey you guys ever try just heating the end of the line with a hair dryer? Softens the tube and it slides right on. Works great on carb and air box boots as well.
                I like to use a torch it works much faster. 8O 8O 8O

Comment

Re: feul line easy-on

Originally posted by docfishr
                  That's a great tip, too! Dumb old me just waits for a hot day to remove/install boots.

Comment

Bloody hell using a blow torch on a fuel line you don't like your bike

Comment

Working...
                    X