It's the little things that count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the little things that count

Funny how you overlook the little things that make the ride better.

On the weekend I had my tank off to clean the engine. The vacuum tube for the gas tap was a bit long so I cut it back to fit the space better. There was no obvious damage, apart from the hose end being a bit shaped to the flange on the tap assembly and a minor kink. Reckon there was an air leak because the idle went high and after readjusting is much more consistent between cold and hot.

Also decided to lube the clutch cable. The difference is amazing.

Moral: check the simple details.

could not agree more oldrider another one is rear brake pivot through frame spent 1hr getting one out on 79 gs i bought recently seized solid
    ozman

Comment

Re: It's the little things that count

Originally posted by OldRider
      On the weekend I had my tank off to clean the engine. The vacuum tube for the gas tap was a bit long so I cut it back to fit the space better. There was no obvious damage, apart from the hose end being a bit shaped to the flange on the tap assembly and a minor kink. Reckon there was an air leak because the idle went high and after readjusting is much more consistent between cold and hot.
      Fuel consumption is up from approx 50mpg to 55mpg (imperial).
      I'm very happy.

Comment

Re: It's the little things that count

Fuel consumption is up from approx 50mpg to 55mpg (imperial).
        I'm very happy.
        I mean consumption is down. The number is up.

Comment

Working...
        X