Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corbin Seat Review for 82-83 GS1100E's

Calling all 82-83 GS1100E owners with Corbin gunfighter seats:

Can you guys tell me what your experience has been with this seat?

Most of my runs are 40 miles plus and up to several hours. I've got a cut down and recovered stock seat on an 82 GS1100E, which works for up to 45 minutes to an hour. Then, foam is non-existent.

See bike and seat at: http://www.rdmtech.com/files/GS1100E...E_RedRight.tif

I did a complete GS Resources forum search on 'Corbin' and found varied opinions for 82-83 GS1100 seats. A couple of guests with no email address or a way to respond to them, claimed they were too hard. Others seem to really like 'em. Also read the two reviews and editor's comments under the 'Bolt On's and Accessories' area.

Corbin seat

Stasch,

I don't have any experience with Corbin for a GS1100 but I do have one on another non-GS bike I own (I know..........shame on me!). It is definately harder than stock but also more comfortable. They will work with you to make a shape you think will be comfortable. Sargent will also do custom foam and covers. They have some new 'Super Cell' foam that is supposed to be useful for applications like cut-down seats. Here's a link to their foam info page:

Sargent Cycle Custom Seat Services Division - review our list of basic re-upholstering services, foam upgrades, and foam re-countering services.

Hope this helps,
    Joe
    IBA# 24077
    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Corbin Gunfighter Saddle for GS1100E

Stasch,

I bought a Corbin Gunfighter saddle for my 82 GS1100E back in 94. I have over 40,000 miles on that saddle. I have to agree with Joe that it is a hard saddle but once broken in; it is comfortable. For long rides over 300 miles; I put a sheepskin pad over it which helps make it even more comfortable. After 9 years of use the Corbin is just starting to crack in the seat area. I'm hoping to fix that myself with a vinyl repair kit. Overall though I'm very happy with my Corbin saddle. I really like the way it looks on my GS1100E. I hope this review helps you.

Comment

I have a corbin but its a diferent style. Its ok i guess.

Comment

I have one on my 1100E and it is pretty firm. It's hard to beat a stock seat on most Gs's... but I like how it looked. I've done 300 mile days on it and my butt was kinda numb but I just don't tolerate these things like I did when I was younger. I also liked how the scooped out part of the seat keeps you from sliding back under hard acceleration. As long as you keep your other seat just swap them occasionally for the intended purpose if the Corbin is too hard for long rides.

Comment

Working...
          X