Easy grip removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy grip removal

Ever struggle with removing handlebar grips? Here's an easy way to remove them! Get some denatured alcohol and a long thin screwdriver. Push the screwdriver down between the handlebar (or throttle sleeve) and the grip. Dribble some alcohol into the gap you've created and then give the grip a twist and it should pull right off cleanly. I got this tip from someone who repairs bicycles. They've been using it for years.

If you're taking them off to replace them, just cut them off with a box knife.

Comment

grip replace

If you're taking them off to replace them, just cut them off with a box knife.
      However, you might be taking them off to change handlebars or to put on another bike.

Comment

Still, cutting them off and buying new ones beats struggling with the old ones trying to get them off. For me, I'll spend a few bucks to avoid a headache.

Comment

removing grips

Still, cutting them off and buying new ones beats struggling with the old ones trying to get them off. For me, I'll spend a few bucks to avoid a headache.
          Then why did you bother reading this post

Comment

Free country... eh

Comment

Working...
            X