Weisco big bore kit...816cc???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weisco big bore kit...816cc???

Anyone have any experience with these kits?..I have heard some bad things about Weisco. I'm thinking of boring the old 750.

My Katana has been running Wiseco big bore kit for eight years with no problem, you will find that most problems with such things come from taking shortcuts. Poor preparation and /or rushing has killed many a motor big bore or not, and way to many people look for someone else to blame for there own mistakes. Take your time and check and recheck everything as you build it and you will get years of service from it.
    Dink

Comment

Should be no problems with Wiseco. The main thing is to make sure that whoever does the bore job does it properly! The tolerances have to be spot on and the job not rushed. Better to pay a bit more or wait for a good machine shop to do it than take the cheapest price. A good shop will ask about how you are going to attach the bores (studs, torque settings etc) as this will affect how the bores should be done.

Comment

If they are a reputable shop they will also want your new pistons.The reason is to bore and finish hone the cylinders to the piston that will be in that particular bore.Then they will gap the rings to the bore with the correct end gap.All this adds up to a "like-new" re-bore that will last as long or longer than the factory job.

Comment

advise

Thanks guys....

Comment

Working...
          X