space under seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

space under seat

I have an 82 gs11e under the seat above the battery is a spce and screw holes on the frame i was wondering if a storage box went thier or not??

Do you have filter pods instead of the stock air box? It could be the mount for the original air box..?

Taking a wild guess...

- Eric

Comment

Yeah, that's the mounting points for the stock airbox.

Comment

Somewhere on the net I saw a page where a dude had converted his stock airbox into a storage box. It was a pretty neat idea I thought, but it was weird having pods and an airbox at the same time......

Comment

Actually it wouldn't be too bad on the 1100E. The airbox is a two piece thing, I assume the part closest to the engine could be called a plenum.
          Anyway, if you just used the "airbox" space, that directly under the seat and behind the downward frame members, for a storage compartment it would be almost completely hidden by the side covers.
          I think maybe Scotty did something like this on his.

Comment

Yea, i have the pods, so it's the air box, thanks guys. be nice to have some storage?

Comment

Yah, I guess leather bags wouldn't look so hot on an 82 E? I need to make some custom bags for my 80 1100L. Big enough to fit my laptop at least. Heh.

- Eric

Comment

yeah it is kinda nice having that little extra room under the seat. i recently just found out about the 'trunk' in the back tail section on my bike. 8O i never really used the airbox storage for much on my old bike though...

~Adam

Comment

That is exactly what I did on my 1000L, capped the front of the air filter housing and plugged the air inlet holes, instant secure storage! The "L" models didn't have much in the way of storage from the factory.

Comment

Working...
                  X