Priming Front Master Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Priming Front Master Cylinder

I finally got my front calipers for my '79 850 and had a heck of a time bleeding the system, from reading some of the old posts I realized I had to prime my master cylinder after reading the post on how to do that with little success I got lucky this way: place fluid in resevoir, remove banjo from master cylinder you should hear a gasping sound from the hole if you squeeze brake, squeeze brake, place thumb over hole tightly and release break slowly, then slowly press brake as you remove your thumb and replace your thumb, a few times and you'll have brake fluid poruing out of the hole, leave the brake grip pressed in and replace banjo bolt then bleed system as usual. This worked for me hopefullyit works for you.

Thanks for the tip. I'll see if it makes the job quicker next time. Sounds like it will.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Good luck, It took me 6 months to find front calipers and I thought it would take me that long to bleed the system

Comment

Working...
      X