Jet size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jet size

My setup now is a stock air box with a drop in K&N. and a 4 to 1 Jardine . The plugs look good, not too hot

Just a little hesitation and boggyness at 3k. May It just needs a carb balance

I am wondering would be worth while to just up the jet size a little. I don't really don't want to spend the money on a stage three kit. Would this be good alternative or should I just leave it the way it is. I know it could be a challenge to find the right setup and a-lot of tearing apart and putting together of the carbs.

IF this is a good option where is a good place to get some different size jets.

Thanks in advance for your input

i will get you information tomorrow when i get to work. i have a jetting guide on my computer there.

~Adam

Comment

Re: Jet size

Originally posted by dig dug mx6
      My setup now is a stock air box with a drop in K&N. and a 4 to 1 Jardine . The plugs look good, not too hot

Just a little hesitation and boggyness at 3k. May It just needs a carb balance

I am wondering would be worth while to just up the jet size a little. I don't really don't want to spend the money on a stage three kit. Would this be good alternative or should I just leave it the way it is. I know it could be a challenge to find the right setup and a-lot of tearing apart and putting together of the carbs.

IF this is a good option where is a good place to get some different size jets.

Thanks in advance for your input
      With those mod's there's a good chance you don't need to change any jets.If your only complaint is at 3,000 rpm,then that would be your pilot circuit and possibly the needle position.Your main has no effect at this rpm.
      I believe your carbs have a mixture screw instead of seperate pilot screws and air screws?If so,I would try adjusting these first along with the carb sinc.You said the bike is hesitating and bogging.Hesitating is always associated with too lean and bogging is associated with too rich.With your mod's I would guess it may be just a bit lean.I would try richening the screws a bit and the sinc.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

i dont have info on the 700 engine, but as i understand it, its basically a 750.

how do your plugs look after normal cruising? if you haven't changed any jetting and you're running a 4-1 with a K&N you probably have a lean condition.

pilot jets might have to me increased a touch, but 3000 RPM is probably the needle range. V&H advises taking off the air-box lid and jetting it to a good mixture like that.

~Adam

Comment

Pipe Color

The pipes on 1 and 4 are yellow and 2 and 3 are fine. I know the balance on 1 and 4 have more flow so I may just need to back those down a bit.

Comment

Working...
          X