Jardine Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jardine Exhaust

i found a site with this new but used 4-into-2 Jardine megaphone exhaust. its a great deal but will i need to tweak or re-jet the carbs? it has no cross over pipe

Picture of the exhaust: http://www.cyclexchange.net/Suzuki%2...%20Flarred.jpg

Normally, the Jardines don't require a re-jet unless you put on pods too. Still would be wise to put in fresh plugs at the same time and do a color check after a couple of miles.

Comment

I agree with Gary. I put a Jardine 4 into 1 on my 850 and only had to bump the mains a few steps and turn the fuel screws out to 4.5 turns. After I put pods on I went with a Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, and with a little tweaking it runs awesome. You should be OK with the 4 into 2 with no changes at all, even without the crossover.

Comment

i would rather have the 4 into 1 but i dont have much money (im only 18 and getting between $150-$180 a week from work) i found the jardines on a parts website and they want 130 for the pipes. i was thinking about MAC 4-into-1 but money is a issue because of the carb re-jetting with the mac exhaust. how much do you think a shop would charge to install a jet kit, i have mechanical skills but i've heard jetting is a very touchy project and i dont want to mess anything up.

Comment

Are you useing the stock exhaust now? If you are and your bike runs good then I'd leave it alone. I can see doing this if your stock system has rotted out or whatever but if you want to do this for more power or the sound or whatever, I can't see opening a potentially expensive can of worms. I'd go for a system that required as little carb surgery (jet kit) as possible. Wait until you can afford it and then the only headache will be figuring out the jetting. Just a little friendly advice. And good luck.

Comment

ya my bike is all stock, the exhaust is in great condition, im not looking for performance i just want sound. thats why i was going to go with the jardine 4-into-2. how hard is it to install a jet kit?

Comment

Technically it is illegal for a shop to install jet kits because it changes
              the bikes emissions, same for the actual exhaust. I'm not saying a
              shop won't due it for you but you might have to look around for one.

Comment

I have found one of the cheapest place to look for parts is Dennis Kirk scratch and dent store on EBAY, I got a V&H 4-1 header for my GS1000 for 100$ through the website. I found the system your looking at for $50.00 and I dont know if thats cheaper than what your looking at but it is a good price. I have fowarded you the website in your hotmail account.

Comment

jet kits are not hard to install it just takes patients and time (time is for the learning curve of what each adjustment on the carbs do) if you have moderate skills at things mechnical give the jet kit a try. keep in mind you need to add about 45 to 65 buck to the cost of the jet kit for a set of good k and n filters and you stand to open a can of worms to like discovering your rubber boots are cracked and leaking and those are 16 a pop..... sorry just rembering my experices. get a big cookie jar and start savin some money over the next couple months. when you get about 250 in it go ahead and play with a jet kit, do it yourself save some money and spend the rest on any can of worms that decides to show up. its a good winter/spring project

ryan
                  78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                  82 Kat 1000 Project
                  05 CRF450x
                  10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

i have a kerker 4-into-1 now. i took my carbs off to clean them and i seen how easy it is to do a jet kit. im going to contact kerker and ask them what size jets they would recomend.

Comment

I have Jardine 4 into 2 megaphones on my 1000, if it is just a sound your after, these may not be what you want. Nice and mellow, not the hell raising sound of a kerker 4 to 1.
                      You will not need to rejet for these pipes, I did mine only after adding pods. Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                      X