Neons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neons

I put 6 inch neon blue lights (which also becomes stobes) on the rear of my 1983 gs400e, it looks really good and i have had lots of compliments. I plan on getting a set for underneath my tank.

be careful. A blue light, especially a flashing one near a red light means emergency vehicle, and if a cop wants to be a prick you could get in trouble.

Comment

Neons

Thank you for the tip. I only run with them on full . Sometimes when im sitting in a parking with some friends and they have music on then i'll put the stobes on.

Comment

So are we going to add one of those "cheese grater" wings on the tail?? 8)

Comment

Oooh, ooooh - BIG HONKIN' WOOFERS!!! GOLD RIMS AND LOWERING SPRINGS!!! AND A FAT "R-TYPE" STICKER ON THE SPOILER!!!!!

Comment

Re: Neons

Originally posted by blackraven318
            I put 6 inch neon blue lights (which also becomes stobes) on the rear of my 1983 gs400e, it looks really good and i have had lots of compliments. I plan on getting a set for underneath my tank.
            Ticket magnet, whether steady or blinking!

Comment

Re: Neons

Originally posted by Al Munro
              Ticket magnet, whether steady or blinking!
              Yep... blue lights of ANY kind on a vehicle is a no-no.

There is a girl in Ga that got a HUGE fine for the light up windshield washer squirters in blue on her car.
              Not that thats a bad thing.

I wanna know just how stoned you have to be to say... "Ya know... it would be SO cool if my squirters lit up..." :roll:

Jim

Comment

neons

I guess the Police here in Ontario Canada, are different. I have passed so many police and I have had them comment that the Bike looks cool with them on it. So I guess being a ticket magnet isnt going to happen real soon. And since cars run with blue, purple, pink ever red neons under them I don't think its too much against the law.

Comment

Re: neons

Originally posted by blackraven318
                  I guess the Police here in Ontario Canada, are different.
                  Actually they are different; They don't use blue lights. Strictly red, with a few clear bulbs for intensity. Flashing blue lights in Ontario mean 'snow plows'

Robben

Comment

In BC, this is the section(s) that prohibit blue lamps, and a lot of other mods dealing with lights: http://www.qp.gov.bc.ca/statreg/reg/...tm#section4-02

Fine $86, or mandatory safety inspection $80-160, or both. I'm sure that Ontario has a catch-all like s.4.02(1), too. Put simply, if it isn't specifically authorized/required by these sections, and it didn't come equipped that way from the factory (not the dealership), you can't have it in BC, even if it is not operating, unless it is covered by an opaque cover.

Comment

Okay, I e-mailed the On-Duty Watch Commander for the Ontario Provincial Police tonight.

I would want to confirm this with a full-time traffic cop, but he says there is no prohibition on displaying steady-on blue or green lights on the exterior of a motor vehicle in Ontario, but flashing blue or green lights are prohibited except in particular circumstances (snowplows and firefighters). My reading of the Ontario Highway Traffic Act mirrors his statements, but I can't help but feel there's more to the story than that.

I would be very surprised if this is true. In BC there are numerous overlapping prohibitions on such!

Comment

WHY

Comment

Originally posted by joe.d
                          WHY
                          Likely because "LOOK AT ME!" type modifications might cause driver distraction. Maybe because decorative lighting, particularly at night and when the roadway is wet, may add unnecessary glare.

There are a lot of correlates that would have to be discounted, but the Hurt Report: "Motorcycle Accident Cause Factors and Identification of Countermeasures" showed customized motorcycles were clearly overrepresented in traffic accidents. I suspect that it is more the behavior of those riders than motorcycle-related factors that caused those accidents.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Munro
                            Originally posted by joe.d
                            WHY
                            Likely because "LOOK AT ME!" type modifications might cause driver distraction. Maybe because decorative lighting, particularly at night and when the roadway is wet, may add unnecessary glare.

There are a lot of correlates that would have to be discounted, but the Hurt Report: "Motorcycle Accident Cause Factors and Identification of Countermeasures" showed customized motorcycles were clearly overrepresented in traffic accidents. I suspect that it is more the behavior of those riders than motorcycle-related factors that caused those accidents.
                            I really have trouble with this "excessive lighting" crap. :? You wanna light up you vehicle? Fine, as long as you're not blinding other drivers. Maybe the other morons on the road will see me! :roll:
                            Kevin
                            E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                            "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                            Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Originally posted by mcycle-nut
                              I really have trouble with this "excessive lighting" crap. :? You wanna light up you vehicle? Fine, as long as you're not blinding other drivers. Maybe the other morons on the road will see me! :roll:
                              Would it be wise to add so many decorative lights that folks might miss your stoplamp or turn signals operating in all that clutter? Rules usually have as their basis common sense, research, and thoughtful deliberation. Often those rules seem foolish until people invest the same time and thought in evaluating their worth as the folks who proposed the rule be made.

Three headlamps, right?

Comment

Working...
                              X