Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EVOLUTION PT 2

1980 In a act of gross stupidity 70mph highside
    Lessons learnt 1 I cannot fly 2 Gravel rash really hurts 3 Never ride at speed in t-shirt & jeans 4 Abandoning your bike at speed is not pretty
    Benefits Increase in pain threshold
    Chance to modify bike
    Downside Broken arm & heaps of gravel rash
    Empty bank account

Shortly after these pics the search for POWER became an obsession
    The mags were discarded for wire wheels fitted with alloy rims 3 1/2 by 18 rear 2 1/2 by 18 front then a Cosway Racing swing arm to allow fitting 140/18 rear tyre S&W street stroker shocks Lockhart oil cooler Piranha ign Powerflow head cams were reground to Yoshimura road & track spec H/D valve springs H/D springs for back of clutch K&N pods.
    this was ok for about a year then the bug bit again 29mm smoothies were discarded for 33mm smoothies this means machining to fit larger manifolds so while the head was off Cosway Racing further port work and recut all the valve seats . regound cams again to full road race spec plus fitted under bucket shims and retainers Yoshimura 1080 kit this was all very good except the cams hard facing kept lifting so a set of Yoshimura billet race cams was fitted no more dramas

Same feeling again 6 months later decided to lighten the load Macintosh frame its all about power to weight ratio another new 4into 1 Mega-cycle
    By this stage i reckon i had spent equal to 3 GSX1100's or about $10000
    I discovered
    the theory of relativity POWER & HANDLING GAINED IS RELATIVE TO WHAT YOU SPEND
    ozman

Sounds familiar..

Knew someone years ago had an ex Action superbike motor (they used to race a fast production superbike in the 80s) in a moto martin frame..unfortunately the cops caught him eventually after doing way too much in a 60 kph zone....a few years loss of licence!

Comment

Working...
    X