Vinyl Seat Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinyl Seat Protection

Use a high quality vinyl conditioner with UV protection, this will dramatically extend the life of your seat cover, and other vinyl.

Tip: For bikes parked out in the sun: Keep an old pillow case under your seat and drap it over the seat and tuck it in while parking.

The sun is a killer!

8) Dr. Dre 8)

For those ofyou with flat seats, this is also known asinstant rider remover... 8O

Vinyl treatments like Armor All make the seats WAY slick. If you have a contoured seat, no problem. if you have a flat seat, riderless bike.

Comment

I agree, but some are worse than others.........Armour All being at the top of the slip scale.

Mothers and Mequires are not so slippery.

You want to get the protection into the vinyl, after application I let it penetrate for about 1/2 hour then I wipe it with a damp cloth to remove the slickness, leaving the vinyl protected.

Cheers! DR DRE

Comment

Before Armor Alling your mcy seat, go to a Family Dollar or Dollar General Store. For $1 you can get a small 1ft wide roll of Grip-Rite. It is this rubberized mesh that is used for shelf-lining. Cut a strip and put it on your seat when you have finished treating it.

You will not slide. I don't care if you just dumped a bucket of glycerin on it. Also good for tank bags, throttle grips, anyplace you don't want sliding.
        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
        80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Before Armor-alling your seat....or anything else on your bike

Lift lid on nearest suitable receptacle and dispose of bottle and entire contents.

Apart from causing surface glazing, I have seen its use result in chemically aged vinyl. It encourages early brittleness, which cracks the vinyl.
          "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
          Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Working...
          X