Aftermarket seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket seats?

Anyone have any idea if the seats for the 1980 GS1000 is similar/exchangable with the seat for a 1980 GS1100?

I have a 1980 GS1100L and this seat looks kinda nice:

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

- Eric

Seat Replacement

Eric,
    I have a 1980 GS850L that I have been frantically trying to find a seat for. My question has been the same, "What is interchangeable?" I was informed by a pretty reliable source that the frame should be same on the 850's and up, so the seats should be interchangeable. I have not personally tried this because I have yet to find a seat for any of these sizes. I would check with a dealer to confirm frame sizes, or maybe even a manual. Also consider that it is an "L" model. I know between the regular GS850"G"'s and the GS850"GL"'s that the seats appear to have different pan's, but I cannot confirm this either.

I don't know if this is any help at all, but it may make you feel better that there is someone else out there in the same boat. I will probably end up having the thing reupholstered.

Good Luck
    Curt

Comment

Thanks for the reply! My seat is actually in pretty darn good shape. But, since my bike is an "L" series, I'd like a seat that's more cruiser-ish looking. It's going to be hard, 'cause the frame rides so high, but I'd like to get it looking more like a cruiser while still handling like the sport bike it is.

Comment

Hey

Well guys join the crowd. I have a 78 GS-1000E that I've been trying to find a replacement seat for but I don't know what is interchangeable either. I wish someone would have an answer for us. Good luck in your search.

Comment

Check this link for more information on these seats.

Mike

Comment

Seat covers

Seat covers are available in the Uk for about ?25 ($40). Easy to fit and reasonable quality - I put one on my TR1 (European only roadster using a chain drive version of the Virago engine....for those of you thinking 'what the %&^%&% is a TR1....)

Comment

Good reference page

Looking a mdole's webpage reference, it appears that all the "L" frames from the 750 up are the same and all the "G" frames interchange. My problem is I can't come up with an extra "L" pan. Those rascals are hard to come by!

Comment

Working...
              X