Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

different tank side panels seat and tail????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

different tank side panels seat and tail????

i have a 77 gs750 how hard would it be to put the body from say a 1983 or so 1100e this would include the tank side panels seat rear tail section etc... let me know please thank you

cHrIs

Shouldn't be too much of a problem, as long as you can fabricate brackets and weld. 8) 8)

Comment

thats no problem... just wanted to make sure the frames weren't entirely different and i was asking a stupid question haha

Comment

anyone have any suggestions for a different body for this bike? at least a different tail section and seat or something? thank you

cHrIs

Comment

i think the tail section from the 77-79's look a lot better then tails from 80+ where it has the hungout light in the back.

i think the side panels on newer GS's aren't as cool as ours.

Comment

My body work isnt too shabby, at least when new, and no light hung out in the air thing. (83 to 86- GS550 ES / GSX550).
            although now it is running a GSXR front end, and front bodywork, lights, brakes, etc. to match. (92 GSXR 750 motor being prepped now) :twisted:
            Dont let any1 tell ya, you "cant do that".

Comment

i think the tail section from the 77-79's look a lot better then tails from 80+ where it has the hungout light in the back.

i think the side panels on newer GS's aren't as cool as ours.
              Second that!!! No offence to those with the bikes mentioned 8O

Obviously do what you want to it, but I think these old bikes of ours just need a fresh coat of paint in some funky colour to make them real eye catchers.

Satch

Comment

well ok to be real honest......... i actually do like the tank and side panels.... its this tail section and seat that i can barely stand ... the bike has an aftermarket seat i think its a travelcade? the back is stepped up.. anyways i just want something sportier looking ... any suggestions????

thanks guys

cHrIs

Comment

i love the body on my bike. but the cover that goes over the gas cap is the only thing i dont like. my tank has 1 small ding in it and i got rid of that cover so its an excuse to repaint my bike. im going to fill the gap in were the cover went. i also chopped off my rear fender and remounded the tail light, plate and signals. it looks real nice

Comment

Seriously, take a look at the seat tail section on the 83 and up GS550ES, GSX550 katana. They look pretty sporty and the seat is very comfortable even for passengers. Perhaps it could be made to work on your bike. If you want any close up pics let me know. :P

Comment

I second that - the 550ES tailpieces are swank. I just grabbed this from Ebay

for the '83 750E, and will probably change out the tail when I put the fairing on during the winter teardown - most likely a 550 tail (I don't care too much for the longish sloped tail of the 700/750 E/ES bikes). Probably shooting myself in the foot here, but there's one on Ebay:

It's okay, though - after the new guages, clip-ons, Kat torque arm and larger tire, I'm going to get to know how comfortable the couch is to sleep on if I keep up with the expenditures. With all the money I've been spending lately, a new tail now means no tail for a long time...

-Q!

Comment

Aftermarket fairing supplier

Just came across this site:

The official site for all your Powerbronze motorcycle bodywork and accessories, including screens, huggers, mudguards, seat cowls, belly pans, and much more. Buy direct from the manufacturer.

They've got all kinds of aftermarket fairings for GS bikes - from full sportbike fairings to streetfighter-type nose fairings. Light kits, mirror kits, etc., and they guarantee a model-specific fit (wiring harness adapters, as well).

Check the full-fairings - they look like they came from the factory!

-Q!

Comment

Working...
                        X