Weisco 816 Piston kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weisco 816 Piston kit

Does anybody have any experience with the Weisco 816 kit? How much of a gain is it good for? Are there any 'gotchas' to installing it? This is for the GS700 so displacement is actually around 750cc when installed I think. TIA

Hey luke, when I was dragracing my kz 650 a good friend of mine installed the 816 kit in his gs 750 . the bike ran stronger and the only drawback is you are at max bore. ( i think, its been 18 years) this means if you wear out the rings and score a cyl wall or get sloppy tolerences then the only thing you can do is sleeve it wich requires lots of work. I have had good luck with my wiesco pistons . they had 12000 miles on them when i did the rebuild and star racing said they looked fine and did not need replacing. just new rings. I still have not taken the gs apart since it started smoking after i overheated it last monthso i may be singing another tune after I do but i think its only gonna need rings. when I did my firs bigbore kit on the kawi 650 i went from 650 to 740cc and that made a huge difference. the compression went way up to and the difference was huge.

Comment

Thanks Skip, I'll be interested in how those pistons look. Are you going to be able to do Marcus Dairy in October?

Comment

I bet they look like this - only smaller.

Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.

Comment

Those things are so shiney they hurt the eyes, I'm still squinting.

Comment

I've built a lot of motors, and I always stand back and admire the beauty before you cap them up. Putting on the head is almost a sin.

Comment

Ahh, but aren't all sins forgotten when she fires up?

Comment

Checking and double checking to make sure you are ready to go. Then when she kicks, the initial blast of blue smoke out of the exhaust, and a careful ear to detect anything unusual. Hold the idle up a bit, and then start making adjustments. Always a big thrill.

Comment

Originally posted by lhanscom
                  Thanks Skip, I'll be interested in how those pistons look. Are you going to be able to do Marcus Dairy in October?
                  ill be there.The heat/humidity that has turned my no ventelation garage into a sauna is gonna end and im gonna get to work on the 1150. If the bike is not back together by then you will probably read about me going postal

Comment

Working...
                  X