JC Whitney seat cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JC Whitney seat cover

I bought a vinyl replacement seat cover from JC Whitney for my 650. It was tight to put on and not real easy to stretch into place and hook on the original clips on the seat, but WOW, it looks perfect when done. It is made by cavalcade and looks at least as good as original. If not for the cavalcade label on the seat you would never know it was not the original. Very happy with the results.

is it the straight type or the raised passenger type?

i bought the raised type for my 550...i'm not sure i like it much. i've had it about two months...its okay for shorter rides but a long one it doesn't give you much room to move front to back on because of the bump.

~Adam

Comment

The seat is almost flat but has a little rise for the passenger.

Comment

i got the 'high' rise passenger seat. i dont like it at all

i almost had a new seat on ebay last night...grrr :x

Comment

I like to move forward and back as needed to get the blood flowing again. That is the only reason I don't like the L models, too confined in one position, I need to slide back and stretch out. The seat on my 850 is nearly flat and I love it.

Comment

hahahaha, hey Adam, I lost that auction too! ...........that seat was clean as hell! Here is a link to the seat I did win a week back.....

...pretty rough but for 5 dollars, what do you want right? Hopefully its going to the upholsters....depending on the $$$ It needs the foam looked at also, man.....I want it so I can move around since mine is clean but a bucket style.

Comment

that is what my seat looked like on teh 79 when i got it...i replaced it with the JCwhitney cover. man it blows.

i'm probably going to swap my rusted broken seat on the 78 to the 79 just because i can't stand the seat. it has only one working bracket that holds it in place too!

~Adam

Comment

i just ordered one for my bike. i have one on my 85 honda VF1000F and it looks great! better then the original when it was in good condition. did your seat come with the design ontop like the stock seat? a friend of mine does custom car interiors., he is going to do my seat for me. he charges me $20 but he does a great!!!!! job. he skims a layer of the old foam off and adds some new stuff on and it looks perfect. its worth it.

Comment

Yes, the original design is sewed into it. It is nice, I am happy with it.

Comment

Almost 4 in the morning and just finished installing my new Cavalcade seat cover. The $5.00 seat I won on ebay had perfect foam but the pan disintigrated into rusty chunks when I took off the tired old cover. Got the pan from my current bucket seat which is perfect and put on the new foam and cover on. Not only is the riding position exactly what I was after but the seat feels firmer and not so sat out and soft like the old bucket I had. Tomorrow I'll take off the seat and glue it all properly but finally, no more old man's seat!

Comment

Working...
                    X