Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

good source for cafe style fairing for GS650E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good source for cafe style fairing for GS650E?

hello.. anyone know of a good source for cafe style accessories (fairing, seat, rear sets, etc) for an 82 GS650E? i checked Omars, but nothing seems specific for the GS model... but they do have some way cool stuff. (http://www.omarsdtr.com/ in case you are interested)...

thanks!

actually... this is what im looking for. any idea where to find somethign like this? is the owner out there? thanks!

Comment

I have this one on my G model.
      [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TQDYAiYX2Ig1hF7a!x8ptjyer6DfhSKR5m4bB!vGar2qkE1Ql 20SVtxOOFKSiN17PeuW5*caUNuHpj8FQJlK9UsHrRKLN!t!bJ3 d0*poCuiXEFbCYdYXcQ/left%20side.JPG?dc=4675421825654129113[/img]

They have them at chaparall motor sports if thats what you want.

Comment

awesome.. thanks for the tip!

Comment

Man that is a beautiful bike Michael, just great!
          I was wondering how a cafe fairing would look on my 750, think I'll go for it.

Comment

Thank you Greg,

I think it would look good on your 750. 8)
            I enjoy the sheild alot, It was cheap and pretty simple to mount.

Comment

does that low profile a shield give you enough of a space to duck below the wind..? (i'm 6'3")

Comment

Mostly keeps it off my chest, I am 6"1 and it kinda deters it to the sides.

It is not intended for a full, tall and wide type windsheild coverage. Just a sporty little fairing that re-directs some wind.

Michael

Comment

the link says "Universal" but.. any idea if it would attach to a 650 ?

Comment

I believe it will work fine on your 650.
                    I could be wrong but it seems like it would attatch to about any bike.It has brackets that mount to the headlight not the handlebars.

Should fit.
                    Michael

Comment

That IS a sharp looking bike. Makes me feel good to see bikes that are taken care of.

Comment

so here is the debate....

i really like this look......see below....

Originally posted by MichaelHoward
                        I have this one on my G model.
                        [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TQDYAiYX2Ig1hF7a!x8ptjyer6DfhSKR5m4bB!vGar2qkE1Ql 20SVtxOOFKSiN17PeuW5*caUNuHpj8FQJlK9UsHrRKLN!t!bJ3 d0*poCuiXEFbCYdYXcQ/left%20side.JPG?dc=4675421825654129113[/img]

They have them at chaparall motor sports if thats what you want.

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chap...98A4F71A86F9D5
                        but i also like the look of this ...

which will look more original....
                        and which will make freeway crusing more comftable.....

whats the consensus...?

thanks

Phil

Comment

Since you asked for opinions - I like the one on Michaels bike. I have always liked the smaller fairings and that one goes very well with the style and lines of his motorcycle.

Comment

Thanks Jeff, Thanks Swanny!

The second fairing you showed would certainly give more wind protection I would guess.

Looks, I like mine.

Most protection, The second one :roll:

Comment

Another option to consider is this one: http://JCWhitney.com/productnoitem.j...D=73081&BQ=mot
                              I used one of these on my V-65 Sabre for years. It took the wind off of my chest and reduced the strain on my neck if it was raining I could roll on a little more throttle and the envelop would increase carrying most of the rain over my head if I leaned forwards a little.

But by far the biggest reason I stayed with this windshield was that it also provided an envelop of relatively still air around my hands which made a big difference on when I would ride in the winter.

I don?t think this will work on my 81 GS-750L. I have Daytona Bars and their isn?t much room for the bar mounts.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X