83 gs650G problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 gs650G problems

I just got my full Ohio Motorcycle endorsement. Previously I wasn't able to ride on the freeway because of the restrictions on a temporary permit. I noticed a rather interesting problem with my bike. It already and an idle problem... or rather just had a problem with the concept of idling all together. However after a very brief ride on the freeway today I noted a few small things I was wondering if anyone could give me a hint on. It's an 83 Gs650G btw...

1. Once I get to about 55-60 mph it doesn't want to accelerate anymore.
    2. My exhaust pipes have oil on them
    3. power and throttle response go to crap once the bike gets hot.

My friend told me he thinks it might be the coils are going bad, but I'm wondering if it's an air/fuel problem or if it could be a compression problem. If anyone has compression specs on this bike it would be appreciated as well. Any other ideas would also be wonderful!! Thanks!

You should post this in the Technical Section, you'll have a better chance for answers.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
    X